Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've just bought my first receiver.

The SONY el-cheapo HTIB I bought about 5 years ago has outlived it's usefulness and the boxing day event at FS presented a nice Pioneer VXS-1325-K for about half price. That being said, I really liked the fact that the Sony HTIB had some very discrete mounting options and I suspended the rear surrounds on the ceilings in behind the couch.

I'm now in the market for some newer and obviously better set of speakers. My biggest problem lies in the fact I'd like to suspend this next set on the ceiling just like the old one. The old setup was a 5.1, but now I'd like to take advantage of this new receivers capabilities. The old configuration had the two fronts on pedestals which I made out of maple and I intend to reuse.

Any suggestions where I should begin looking?

·
Registered
107 Posts
You gonna have tons of options depending on your budget . Myself i`m considering the Tsi series from polk to replace part of my existing 7.1 ,1 center , 2 rears and 2 towers and i have 1 free sub , this is around 1000$ with free shipping .

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don`t know how big is your room but with that amp those speakers are lets say (this my honest opinion) comparing a prius to run against a mustang for sure they are economic but they wont catch a mustang if you know what i mean , but if you have a bigger room at some point i think you will miss something or not be happy regarding those speakers and amp . I just have to say your amp is great now you only need something to drive those channels , check some stuff on boxing day or truth the web during this weekend .

Best buy has this deal 5.1 on boxing day for the precision acoustics only 499.99 ( the funniest thing is that this set on boxing day in Quebec is 299.99) , for this price i don`t think anything cant go wrong or if you must have to go with a smaller set of speakers you also can see on the same page the Onkyo for 299.99 and its a 7.1 .

http://boxingday.redflagdeals.com/index.php/flyers2010/image_full/471/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well. That was good advice.

The room the home theater is in is actually quite long about 30' I'd say by about 15. There's a 6' opening to a 14 by 14 dining room so these would have to fill quite the space. The two sets I'm now comparing are the one that are in the Best Buy boxing day flyer: the online only Precision Acoustics that the previous poster liked to and the Infinity on the front page for 599, $1000 off.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
107 Posts
The Infinity are a notch above the precision acoustics so if you decide to go with the Infinity in the overall you will be better than in the other options .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts