Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a restless night, I heard my DCT2500 at 3:30 and 3:50 get an update this morning. I got up to see if the 6416 was getting it and it did as well. What update tough, I have no idea. Both units were flashing the "LOAD" message. Could it be the SDV that is making its way before Christmas????

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this be a festive season, my little bird after drinking too much eggnogg, told me this.

Some stuff was hard to understand because of maybe too much rum in it but I could hear that DCX3400 is a go for the end January as well as SDV. I suppose it is good news.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah, our boxes here in Newfoundland were upgraded sometime yesterday. The guide/menus have changed slightly.. I've noticed I can now see HDD % remaining directly on the PVR recorders page. It seems much more responsive changing channels and in menus. I'll have to peruse around a bit to see what else has changed.. one negative is it seems I might have to recalibrate my DVI connections for colour accuracy. That bluish/purple push is back again like it was when I first set up the box (another reason I knew there was an upgrade). Oh, I've noticed they added a few card games to the quick menu, but I don't know how long they've been there..

EDIT: Sorry should have mentioned this is was for the two 62xx boxes I have.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't noticed any of this that you mention. I wonder if we got it here in NB.

·
Registered
259 Posts
new Guide

I got the new onscreen guide on my Motorola SD STB Friday morning. An improvement, but it still doesn't give me the control that I want. On the good side, the interface seems cleaner and more readable. Guide seems quicker and more responsive too. Also, if I set up favorites and get into the sub menus of the guide it is possible to filter out unwanted channels to an extent. But this new guide is nowhere near as good as Bell's. I don't think it is possible to filter out repeats of the same channel, for example. Moreover, it is not possible to completely remove channels that you never want to see from the guide, and it is not possible to see a guide that displays only subscribed channels.

·
Registered
259 Posts
No, setting skipped channels does nothing as far as the way the guide looks or as far as how one moves through the channels from a guide submenu. Actually, I found the skipped channel feature to be useless with the old guide as well. This feature allows one to skip channels with the channel button, as one views channels in sequence, but does not and never did seem to have an effect on the way channels were listed or viewed in the guide.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Well I seem to recall if you set channels to skip and then hit A while in the guide u could tell it to hide it but I could be wrong, I'll check Tuesday no access to Rogers service till then

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine got hit overnight. It does seem to be faster in searching the guide. I do like the space indicator on the recorded shows. We don't need to push so many buttons just to get to the same info. :eek:

As for card games, I only see one.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
My 6213 was updated too. The main thing I've noticed is that it now asks if i want to view or record a show when I select a show in the guide, even if that show is already going.

Very, VERY annoying.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Skipping channels so they don't appear in guide ONLY works on the Motorola HD PVR Firmware, not on any of the SD boxes or HD only boxes.

·
Banned
41 Posts
ya so i just ckecked and woodsie is rite about the SD and HD boxes, the pvr's however even with the new ipg do still have the ability to skip, if u have a pvr all you have to do is set your skiped channels then in the guide press "A" and go to custom, then Hide, the ok on skipped channels, and they are then gone

·
Registered
92 Posts
One question I have is in regards to the PVR guide. When I look at my list of recorded shows, I see an hourglass appearing next to each show...with a description of "about 1 day", etc. being displayed.
Does anybody know what those messages mean? I had one show recorded, and while recording another, it said "about 1 day" on the recording one. It's impossible that the memory only has one day left before it is full. That doesn't make sense.
Can anybody help with this?

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ever since the last update, unless you tell the PVR to keep your recordings until you delete them, it will add the hourglass. I don't know why it changed but it really is annoying. If you don't change it, in a few days, it will be gone.

·
Super Moderator
56,505 Posts
There's usually a "global" setting for any future recordings. If I recall, the default for SA/Cisco is 14 days, but I changed mine to "until I delete" globally.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I haven't seen any golbal setting like that on our Motorola. Unless it is in a well hidden area of the menus....

·
Registered
290 Posts
Me neither. I looked around the UI last night, but I wasn't able to find a global setting for this. Major inconvenience.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts