Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, coming here as the newbie of the week, so I apologize in advance for my ignorance :)

Here is my problem: I live in the Vancouver area, where I know OTA is available. SoI have finally decided to join the OTA side by cancelling my cable subscription, buying an OTA antenna and also using Netflix as my main movies provider (I have high hopes Netflix Canada will soon provide a selection comparable to that of our Neighbours to the South).

I have spent most of the evening trying to connect it all up, but to no avail.. here is my gear:

an Indoor RCA Digital Flat Amplified Antenna, coaxial connected to my Motorola DCT6200 set top box, coaxial and Component connected to an "old" Toshiba CRT HD TV (34HF84)

I am pretty sure my TV does not have an ASTC Tuner, so not Digital ready, so my only hope seems to go through the set top box, but again no joy.

I also tried plugging the antenna directly into the TV, but again without results.

manual for the antenna pretty much boasts plug and play, but not in my world...Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
70 Posts
welcome aboard.

Your motorola set-top box is the issue. It is only designed for digital cable. It does not contain a tuner for over the air ATSC.

You need an ota set-top box / digital convereter box. Typically $80.00 for an SD resolution one.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain you cannot use the DCT6200 for OTA. It is designed for Digital CATV.

Edit: Annnd... beaten. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.