Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
I had a co-worker call me a pirate the other week, and then added that the cable fees were so high because people like me stole TV signals. The ignorance of the younger generation with regards to OTA astounds me sometimes. People of my generation grew up with OTA, and most have at least some idea that it is still out there. Many of the younger ones seem to think that TV only comes from cable or satellite. I tried hard to educate my co-worker, but I'm not at all sure she believed me. Its not even on the radar for some of the cable or satellite employees either. A few months ago I had a young Rogers rep come to my door to try to sell me cable. I said I wasn't interested. He could see my TV on in the background, and rather snarkily said he hoped I was enjoying Bell. The look on his face when I said it was OTA, and explained what that was, was priceless.:D I think it was the same guy who had earlier tried to sell me internet, and I asked him to better TekSavvy's unlimited plan. He declined. They've not come to my door recently. Maybe I'm now on some sort of "Do Not Bother" list.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.