Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 631 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
22.1 22.2 22.3

Does that mean that the I lose Joe TV on 22.1? How about the other sub-channels 22.2 and 22.3? Or will they re-map somewhere else?

My reception is "okay" so that I usually have enough signal but if 22.1 is going to be beaming in strong from Mt. seymour , will it swamp the Seattle repeaters?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Does that mean that the I lose Joe TV on 22.1? How about the other sub-channels 22.2 and 22.3? Or will they re-map somewhere else?

My reception is "okay" so that I usually have enough signal but if 22.1 is going to be beaming in strong from Mt. seymour , will it swamp the Seattle repeaters?
If you receive CHAN-22 and KZJO-25 now, you should remain fine. CHAN-22 is not changing channels.

- Trip

·
Registered
118 Posts
laurienicol - as mentioned, you should have no problem getting 22.1 KZJO after 22.1 CHAN boosts its power this August. You are picking up RF25 KZJO directly from their Seattle transmitter, as they are not using any repeaters. The other Seattle 1000 KW UHF channels (KOMO, KING, KIRO), are using repeaters, but they are low power and too far from the border to reach us in the Lower Mainland.

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,878 Posts
Virtual Remapped Channels from Post #17

Correct, the channel numbers in Post #17 are the real RF channels, not the virtual remapped ones. Here are the expected remaps:
Code:
Station  Orig#  New#    Remap#  Ntwk    Peak_ERP Avg_ERP   Location

CIVI-DT         17.1    ?       /A\      35000  17000   Mt. Seymour
CHNM-DT 20.1    20.1    42.1    OMNI      8300   4300   Mt. Seymour
CHAN-DT 22.1    22.1    8.1     GLOBAL   40000  22000   Mt. Seymour
CIVT-DT 33.1 >  32.1    32.1    CTV      33000  12000   Mt. Seymour
CKVU-DT 47.1 >  33.1    10.1    CITYTV    8300   4300   Mt. Seymour
CBUT-DT 58.1 >  43.1    2.1     CBC     103340  60290   Mt. Seymour
CHNU-DT         47.1    ?       JOYTV    21400   7800   Abbotsford

·
Registered
75 Posts
will chnu reach some parts of the lower mainland without having to re-aim the antenna? assuming most of the other digital signals come in fine...this probably depends on the antenna right...i think i just answered my own question lol

·
Registered
325 Posts
CBC 5.1 today

Currently CBC seems not to be 5.1 audio. Is this true for everyone or should I be taking my audio system apart?

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,878 Posts
I noticed that The National's audio was really flawed, but when a commercial for Republic of Doyle came on it was in proper surround. When the news came back on it was flawed again. I'm not sure that it is an OTA problem though - anyone know if it happened on the cable and/or satellite feed too?

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,878 Posts
Just a reminder to please use the various "Transition" threads in the main OTA Forum for topics related to the big DTV changeover. I did some house cleaning of this thread and relocated some posts to the CBC Transition thread and others to the Rogers Transition thread.

This thread remains for reporting/researching the current operational and technical status of Canadian stations in the area in case trouble with any of them is experienced.

cheers :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
I notice that Omni is broadcasting in HD OTA, but there is sound only sporadically. It is missing in action on Shaw. It is the first time I have seen HD on this channel. Hopefully the sound gets fixed soon. "edit" I have watched it a bit more, and it doesn't seem as sharp as regular hd so I am wondering if it is sd widescreen. The picture was dark on Law and Order SVU and it was hard to tell if it was true HD since then I have looked in and it just isn't as sharp as some of the other channels. It would register as 1080i since it is upgraded to HD anyway (I may be wrong on that though). I do have trouble with the sound off this channel still, so it may be some incompatibility with my tuner (all others fine).

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,878 Posts
OMNI's resolution shows as 1080i right now on the Cantonese News and it looks terrific, although the audio is plain 2.0 stereo.

·
Registered
220 Posts
10.1 and 42.1 are gone

Saturday night. No reception on 20 which remaps to 42.1 (OMNI) or on 47 which remaps to 10.1. And the analog signal on 10 sucks (Citytv) Have to watch twilight with a ghosting signal.
Is something going on with the transmitter? I even tried the new the channel allocations to see if they switched early.

21 - 40 of 631 Posts