Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1661 - 1680 of 1727 Posts

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
ahh, I would have no way of knowing if either is/was the case.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
I receive CHEX-2 on RF29 which is probably interfering with my reception.
CHEX in Oshawa? Where abouts are you? I am just south of buffalo, LOS path to CKVP across the lake.

·
Registered
23 Posts
CHEX in Oshawa? Where abouts are you? I am just south of buffalo, LOS path to CKVP across the lake.
I am LOS with both CHEX-2 in Oshawa and CKVP. I’m in Niagara County. My antenna is in an attic ~30 feet AGL. As of right now I can only receive CHEX-2. It hovers around 15-17dB SNR. It’s very stable and doesn’t drop below the digital cliff even though it’s very close.

Updated: I no longer receive CHEX-2 ever since CKVP became fully operational.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think by now we can all say we receive CKVP if we are in range. CKVP seems to be fully operational. CHCJ still seems to be on a backup transmitter and at a reduced power. Hopefully it will be fully operational soon.

I can receive every UHF RF channel except for RF35 and it’d be nice to complete the puzzle😅. Gotta love the repack 😒

·
Registered
456 Posts
Tuning in, this evening, RF channel 14 CITS-DT Hamilton seems to have gone 'black' -- I don't watch much, but this outage seems rare. CHCH-DT from the same tower, seems to be operating fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tuning in, this evening, RF channel 14 CITS-DT Hamilton seems to have gone 'black' -- I don't watch much, but this outage seems rare. CHCH-DT from the same tower, seems to be operating fine.
CITS is out in Hamburg, usually very strong along Lake Erie. CHCH is actually back on for me and I had lost them to cochannel interference to WBNF for months. I also grabbed CHCJ which is a tough one for me to grab and I usually just use CKVP now that WDTB went dark before they render themselves and CITY useless in a few months.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
CITS, 14.1 is pixalting lately over here.

·
Registered
492 Posts
It’s possible that Syracuse’s WSYT on rf14 is causing co -channel interference.
Syracuse stations are very strong recently and WSYT has the biggest contour of any station in our region.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Perhaps but Syracuse is 177 mi. to the east and Hamilton is only about 45 mi. to the south and my CM 4221 is pointed towards Buffalo. I guess this time of year anything is possible.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Global channel 6 repeater out of Paris? has not had any audio for the past couple of days. They probably don't even know that something is wrong. Sigh.....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Global channel 6 repeater out of Paris? has not had any audio for the past couple of days. They probably don't even know that something is wrong. Sigh.....
Working for me right now, and my recordings yesterday also have audio as normal.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Working for me right now, and my recordings yesterday also have audio as normal.
Are you receiving Global on channel 6 RF23 with Audio? That's strange. If I tune to channel 41 Global out of Toronto, it has audio. But if I tune to Global on channel 6 there is no audio. My Aunt out near Waterford also has the same problem. There must be some issue at the repeater site or they have changed something that maybe older TV's cant receive.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I did some digging in the tools menu of my TV. On channel 6, the multi track sound setting on the TV shows as "undefined". On other channels on the TV it shows as "English". There seems to be no options at my end to change the setting, rather it is set by the broadcaster. The problem seems to be at the repeater on channel 6.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I did some digging in the tools menu of my TV. On channel 6, the multi track sound setting on the TV shows as "undefined". On other channels on the TV it shows as "English". There seems to be no options at my end to change the setting, rather it is set by the broadcaster. The problem seems to be at the repeater on channel 6.
Right now, I can receive CIII-DT-41 (CN Tower) just fine, but CIII-DT (Ayr/Paris) is garbled -- signal meter reads ~75%, but two different tuners I've tried won't lock, acting as if there's no signal. Probably a corrupted PSIP at the transmitter site causing only some tuners to fail. Good luck finding someone at Corus to fix it.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
fgt, I was playin around with Global RF-27 from Peterborough this AM. There are two audio programs on Peterborough also. The first one, which is the default a TV would pickup on is named "English", and while the program Audio is extremely low in volume it is there. When it goes to commercials it's cranked up pretty good. The second one is named "enm". The 2nd audio program sounds a lot better to me on my computer, is normal audio level compared to other stations and doesn't vary much at all when they break for commercials.
Question for Canadians... Don't they have Regulations in Canada for maintaining the audio level of the program the same as the Commercials?

Here are some Pictures of the audio spectrum from VLC so ya get an idea, along with a text printout from 'mediainfo' indicating their audio configuration settings. I don't know if Global Paris is similar but I would keep tryng to find a way to change the audio program in my TV. Should be some notes about it in your owner's manual.
(eg - see if you can modify the audio language or descriptive audio settings for that channel).
Audio1: "English" (doesn't even budge a VU meter)

Audio2: "enm" (Noticeable movement of a VU Meter)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are you receiving Global on channel 6 RF23 with Audio? That's strange. If I tune to channel 41 Global out of Toronto, it has audio. But if I tune to Global on channel 6 there is no audio. My Aunt out near Waterford also has the same problem. There must be some issue at the repeater site or they have changed something that maybe older TV's cant receive.
Yes it's the Paris transmitter I'm using, I don't receive anything from the CN tower.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Global Toronto audio 1 41.1 is 5.1..So most sound comes from centre speaker..Audio 2 labeled middle english is 2.0..2 channel stereo..

1661 - 1680 of 1727 Posts