Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1641 - 1650 of 1650 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
It would be nice if there was a central location for CRTC/Industry Canada to list transmitter status by call sign. Like a website or something, an official rabbitears. FCC ran theirs that way for the longest time as I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
The CXGY Grimsby bandscan report CKVP on air with a weak signal but clearly CKVP does not have the same coverage as before the frequency change.I think CTV just dont care about OTA they have their simsub rights.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I don't get why CTV doesn't just ask the CRTC to multi-cast on CFTO. They could easily multi-cast CFTO and CKVR on the transmitters in Toronto, Barrie and Peterborough and cover most of central Ontario. The same thing is true of Southwestern Ontario. They shut down the old analog CKCO from Sarnia. Why not just multicast CHWI and CKCO on the Windsor and Weatley transmitters. Same in London and Kitchener, multicast CKCO and CFPL. It seems crazy to me that this doesn't happen. Like why does OMNI 1 and OMNI 2 need separate transmitters. Same with CBLT and CBLFT.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Current CRTC rules do not allow 2 different English language stations by the same owner in the same city OTA.So CFTO Toronto and CKCO Kitchener could both carry each others signal since they are the same network but CKVR and CFTO could not carry each other signals.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
CHCJ is also now solid for me but only one bar on the meter in strength which was always the cas. They must have fixed it back to normal because for the past few months it was next to impossible to receive
CHCJ 35.1 looks good in my location as well. Agree it appears to be back to normal.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I don't get why CTV doesn't just ...
Never underestimate the power of inertia in a large organization. What you suggest makes a lot of sense and could benefit both the broadcaster and viewer, but I have my doubts it will ever become something that Bell Media or Rogers or CBC would action.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Someone mentioned institutional inertia...and there’s also culpable deniability in the latter option mentioned in the last reply...
Enough people in ckvp’s coverage area need to make the licensee and licensor aware something is amiss. If enough people from a similar geographic area make them aware something’s not right, someone at CTV/Bell may question whether it might actually be them rather than everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1641 - 1650 of 1650 Posts