Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1541 - 1552 of 1552 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not sure but cico-dt-28 (tvo) hasn't moved from 28 to 22 either. Canada has another 4 phases or so to go so perhaps they moved to one of those.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Since yesterday ~ Noon, CKVP has been bouncing from - 76 dBm strength / 23 dB SNR to neg nothing strength.
Anyone else see the same thing? Gotta just be me right?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I believe CICO TVO Kitchener has decided not to move off channel 28.CKVP Fonthill is in 600MHZ band and must move.I am sure Rogers and Freedom mobile want to start up cell use in 600 MHZ band.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yep CKVP signal here also very erratic.
Perfect signal then nothing then strong signal with very bad quality.... strange.
You’re right they have to move off rf42.
Perhaps they got an extension.
Where can the public Get this information?
In USA we would see a filing with the FCC.

On another note I’m not getting any uhf signals from CN tower right now, just CFTO.
Perhaps atmospheric conditions, but seems out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Nice graphic Orbot! That's nuts, they should move to rf6. The interference will most likely mean they are unviewable most of the time, that might be their long term goal though, push folks to cable/sat/net.

·
Registered
457 Posts
That is insane.
Can’t imagine how they can co-exist.
Though I could never understand why they even need Fonthill transmitter since CTV2 is already available on rf35 in same region.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That is insane.
Can’t imagine how they can co-exist.
Though I could never understand why they even need Fonthill transmitter since CTV2 is already available on rf35 in same region.
Which sometimes conflicts with 35 WSEE, whenever I do a rescan here in Brantford.
Sometimes the PVRs have more problems, than do the TVs. It all depends on just where the antenna is pointed, and other factors that were present at the time of the scan.

·
Registered
704 Posts
WSEE broadcasts on RF21 now, not 35, sot that shouldn't be an issue with CHCJ except maybe WROC which is on RF21 may interfere with it.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Yep CKVP signal here also very erratic.
Perfect signal then nothing then strong signal with very bad quality.... strange.
Thx Brightonian,
At least I know it's not just here. My first thought was perhaps in the heat, the A/C of their building is having issues? But figured is best to ask if others see the same issue before assuming anything...
Guessing they don't monitor the signal coming from the site, so likely they may not know about it.

1541 - 1552 of 1552 Posts