Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1521 - 1540 of 1550 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I don't know about canada, but the fcc says that repack phase 10 ends on July 3rd.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Today was a good day to get a real feel for signal strength of the new CN tower channels for me. Very winter like reception without much tropo. CityTv is the big winner here, significantly better than before and almost as good as CBC and TVO. Global on rf17 for some reason is slightly weaker, but still will be reliable most of the time. Strange.... they are actually putting out more power than CiryTv . Anyone else getting a stronger rf18 vs rf17? The omni’s while possibly better than before they are still low power stations that won’t be reliable for me at 85 miles from CN tower.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
So now that all the final RF channels are active, can we assume that reception today is what its going to be.....WRT cross channel interference? I guess the only other variable is signal strength. I don't know if this is finalized for the stations in our area?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Anyone else getting a stronger rf18 vs rf17?
I wonder if CIII-17 is not quite all the way to their full power yet. CITY-18 seems to be stronger currently for me as well, but from the contour details the opposite should be true (CIII-17 at 59.8kW, 58 mile contour. CITY-18 at 49.4kW, 56.9 mile contour.)

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
49.4 Kw is only like -0.8 dB down from 59.8 Kw, many other factors could easily erase that one way or the other. +/- a dB I would consider em the same. Suggest to pay more attention to the actual antenna patterns in use over the XMTR Power. I have not looked myself.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looks like both are supposed to be non-directional from the same height on CN tower. The reading on my tv tuner has been consistent over the last few days: CIII-17 at 18-19db strength, CITY-18 at 24-25db.

·
Registered
456 Posts
RF17 has recently been slightly stronger than RF18 as would be expected.
Anyone know when CITY and OMNIs are going to officially transition?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think CFMT may have transitioned.
Now showing programming on rf30 and showing up as 47.1.
I don’t think rf47 is there anymore but signal may be just too weak for me to know for sure.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
At the moment, 47.1 is on RF 47 at 23db SNR and 47.1 is also on RF 30 at 27db SNR.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Yesterday I saw CITY testing programming (Kelly Clarkson show) on RF 18 remapped to 57-1.
Then right before my eyes, it switched back to 18-1 with the test screen.
This was around 4:20 PM.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I just rescanned.

OMNI's are showing programming on new RFs and remapping to 40-1 and 47-1.
Old OMNI RFs are still on and CITY is showing test screen on RF 18 (no remap).

And the CIII test signal is gone.

1521 - 1540 of 1550 Posts