Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1461 - 1480 of 1492 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Try rescan with antenna NOT connected. This clears out the memory. Then rescan with antenna connected.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
^^^ Yup, I got a similar situation with my TiVo's tuner. After watching CHCH, it corrupts something because I cannot go to another channel without rebooting the TiVo. CHCH works ok on my Sony's tuner though. Must be something in one of the CHCH PSIP tables. I ran TSReader Lite on it but I could not spot anything the might be causing this. Maybe the Pro version can detect more?!?
Same issue for me recently with my Tivo!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I noticed this as well last night, however my reception problems (a random blackout of signal every 3-4 seconds while at over 80% signal) were also fixed at the same time, so I suspect they were having issues with it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Didn't see any posts here on this, but it looks like the Rogers channels went to back-up power at some point.

City 57 has been mostly out for me over the past couple weeks, only occasionally locking in strong enough to pixelate, most of the time not locked in at all. It looks like both Omni's are operating weaker as well (I never stop on 40 or 47 so it's hard to gauge a difference), but everything else (from TO or elsewhere) seems to be fine.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Noticed the same thing over here, all CN tower channels in the repack band 38-51 suddenly became weaker on December 9. Rabbitears shows STAs for the Rogers channels but not for CIII: https://www.rabbitears.info/market.php?mktid=63, though CIII is clearly affected as well. I'm assuming it has to do with preparing for Phase 10 of the repack in May.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
If there is any kind of maintenance to the CN tower, then the power is cut back for the safety of the workers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Orbot,

i tried to find the signal strength chart info that you posted.
I live in Niagara and some CN tower signals are noticeably weak.
GLobal-41
City-57

Where can I access that chart?

Also, have you noticed any signal strength changes lately?

thx
Mich

·
Registered
745 Posts
Unfortunately still no change in signal strength for Omni2/Global/City/Omni1 after 3 months. Here are the links for the signal charts of my antennas over at RabbitEars:

DB8e pointed at Buffalo: https://m.rabbitears.info/index.php?request=tvdx_grid&tid=1067A183&tno=0
HD8200U pointed at Cleveland: https://m.rabbitears.info/index.php?request=tvdx_grid&tid=1067A7DF&tno=0

That's over the last hour (you can change the time duration in the drop-down box at the top and press "Go"). Click the callsigns to see the full signal graphs. Click the RabbitEars logo at the top and then click "Live Bandscans" to see the full list of participating tuners (green is active, red is inactive).

·
Registered
66 Posts
CTV2 Barrie CHCJ-Hamilton display to 3.1

Is it possible for CHCJ (RF-35) to have a display channel of 3.1?

Is it a cost/logistic issue?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
It could display 3-1 if there is no PSIP (or your TV fails to decode it for some reason), and it happens to be defined as Program 3 in the mux. If it was defined as Program 4 in the mux and had no PSIP it would display 4-1, so on. It's sister repeater in Font Hill shows up as 42-1, and is defined as Program 1 in the mux though.
The PSIP at FontHill is working though too.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Nope, and I have not heard of / seen any plans for it to do so...
It is a LPTV class station so it is not involved in the repack.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Is it possible for CHCJ (RF-35) to have a display channel of 3.1?

Is it a cost/logistic issue?
@go4it, if you are asking why they don't purposely send the same virtual channel on the repeaters as the main signal, it's probably to avoid confusion in people's TV sets, so they are certain which signal it is that they are receiving.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Anyone notice that CHCJ-DT 35.1 Hamilton (RF 35) has been weaker the last few weeks? Most times it's no longer receivable for me.

1461 - 1480 of 1492 Posts