Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1550 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same problem

Did something happen to CTV in Toronto? Video is fine but there is no audio.

It works on my newer TV but the unit with a digital converter no sound pulling my hair out

My converter is a Digital Stream HD3150 I live only 20 miles from the CN tower

Help Help Help

Mark

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
I watched the entire CFTO CTV newscast from 6pm to 7pm, and audio was fine for me here in Kitchener.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep I know I watched it on the small screen.

Now what could be my problem

HD3150 works on all other channels I have checked mute, added and deleted CFTO child locks

What else ?

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
Also another important piece of info we'd like to see in those kinds of reports is the tuner type, model number, etc. (for example something like "I'm using a Toshiba XX-YYY-ZZZ HDTV" or "It happened on my Magnacrock VO-4CE Converter Box but not on my Sharp 430958 HDTV")

In this case, if CTV's audio is cutting out for some people but not for others it would tend to indicated a PSIP-related data problem at CFTO's end.

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
Could your tuner be set to "alternate audio"?

·
Registered
7 Posts
stampeder said:
In this case, if CTV's audio is cutting out for some people but not for others, it would tend to indicated a PSIP-related data problem at CFTO's end
So just how do I get this fixed ? Anyone else have this problem? My digital box is Digital Stream HD3150 HDTV Tuner

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've heard of some tuners losing audio if the audio feed accidentally gets switched from AC3 to MPEG2. TSReader could show whether or not this is the case for CFTO.

- Trip

·
Registered
4,861 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Just to be clear on the issue ur having, is it no audio at all, ever?
Or is it intermittent?
Did you try looking for any Stereo/Mono Settings in ur TV as suggested?
Does your TV / or Tuner have any diagnostic screens that ya could post a picture of while ur having the no audio problem?.

Have ya tried calling/emailing the TV Station?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just to be clear perfect picture on my meter 85 plus signal

Just no sound. For the last couple of weeks on CTV 9-1 or 40-1

My tv works fine on all the other stations

I have HDTV Receiver Model HD3150 plus Digital Stream

When I take out the receiver I get sound on my Tv but the picture is not HD and all my other Tv's in the house get sound on 9-1

No I have not sent email since my other TV's are working just fine

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well I had no audio issues on 9-1, but today I lost, it, down a lot of signal on CBC too, and this after messing with my antenna, so not quite sure whether it's me or the weather. Odd thing about 9-1 is that my sig strength isn't even tweaking... wondering if they did have a problem and went dark to fix it.

By the way, Trip's comment may be on the money for this RJTech tuner, after the audio got choppy from fiddling with connections, it stayed choppy when full signal was back, and cycling the audio programs fixed it.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Abarth69,

Is this the box your having an issue with?
EagleAspenOwnersManual

If so, how are you connecting it to ur TV, and what kind of TV is it?
i.e. HDMI to TV (with audio on it), or Dolby Digital Audio Out, or PCM to a home theatre, etc??

Have you tried connecting this external receiver to a different TV? If so, what were the results?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Global Picture problems

Anybody else having "frozen" screens, but normal audio on Global 41-1?

This is happening on my Samsung DTB-H260F despite having full bars on the signal meter. I'm near Avenue and Davenport.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
HWP, isn't CTV 9.1 (UHF 40)?
Abarth69 has an issue with his, no audio on CTV only.
Yours getting the audio of CTV?

Abarth69,
Have you tried connnecting it to the HDMI input of another TV?
See if the problem follows the TV, or the tuner your using.

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
Anybody else having "frozen" screens, but normal audio on Global 41-1?

This is happening on my Samsung DTB-H260F despite having full bars on the signal meter. I'm near Avenue and Davenport.
YES! I've noticed this issue today and yesterday on Global Toronto 41.1 (UHF 65).
The problem appears to be at their end, as my tuner is not registering any errors, but I do see the video drop outs.

I'm in Kitchener.

21 - 40 of 1550 Posts