Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1441 - 1444 of 1444 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
@Gentleman , sweet let me know how the DB8e works out for you. Are you getting the VHF retrofit for it? I liked to know because I've been eyeing this antenna for a long time.

·
Registered
636 Posts
@Gentleman , sweet let me know how the DB8e works out for you. Are you getting the VHF retrofit for it? I liked to know because I've been eyeing this antenna for a long time.
No. I don't like climbing towers so my plan is two separate antennas (DB8e & Clearstream 5) and two separate preamps (Channel Master Amplify+). That way if one amp packs it in, I still have one functioning antenna. Both antennas will be fixed, pointing in a southerly direction. I also have a brand new Delhi 9 element FM antenna still in the box that will go above the TV antennas, but it will be rotatable.

Bring on spring!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Steel: I put up a db8e a couple of years ago here in Port Stanley, and it far outperforms my previous pair of stacked uhf yagis. I use a 10y713 for high band vhf, and an older split input cm7777 amp. Antenna height is about 40'. The setup works great for Erie and Cleveland stations, even though I'm at a lower elevation than Gentleman. I strongly recommend the db8e. Hope this helps.

1441 - 1444 of 1444 Posts