Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

2881 - 2900 of 2921 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
As posted in the Ottawa reception results thread, CJOH and CHRO are scheduled to move on August 5:

·
Registered
255 Posts
CIVO and CHOT went off the air yesterday around 12:30 pm. CIVO came back around 6:50 am today, but CHOT is still off the air.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I saw a notice on TVA Gatineau web site that CHOT's transmitter was damaged during last night thunderstorm and they're not able to fix it. They will start transmitting again on Saturday 8 August with their new transmitter on channel 32.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Wondering if anyone can comment on why WPBS is now unavailable. I use to recieve 16.1, 16.2, 16.3 & 16.4 quite consistently with my roof antenna in Stittsville. Sometime over the past 45 days, these channels has gone silent and rescan isn't showing any signal . Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks
Conan

·
Registered
832 Posts
Wow, I'm in Stittsville as well and only got those stations once for a few days for some strange reason. Also a couple of Montreal stations and Kingston. I think it was an atmospheric incident. Have never seen them again. I have a single 8 whisker bowtie about 20 feet up.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I sometimes get PBS in Kanata South on channels 18-1, 18-2, 18-3 and 18-4. It depends on the weather and the sun. Sometimes the sun interferes with the radio waves.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm also in Kanata South (Trailwest) and I get all four WPBS channels 99% of the time. Only rarely do I get interference or pixelation. I have more problems getting the Gatineau French stations, which I don't really watch anyway. I also get Fox and CBS, but only in the summer, and only early mornings or at night, but not during the day.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi

Wondering if anyone can comment on why WPBS is now unavailable. I use to recieve 16.1, 16.2, 16.3 & 16.4 quite consistently with my roof antenna in Stittsville. Sometime over the past 45 days, these channels has gone silent and rescan isn't showing any signal . Is anyone else having this issue?
PBS and CBS/Fox from the South Colton transmitter are working fine. I'm still receiving WCFE PBS, but that gets a little spotty during the winter...

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'm also in Kanata South (Trailwest) and I get all four WPBS channels 99% of the time. Only rarely do I get interference or pixelation. I have more problems getting the Gatineau French stations, which I don't really watch anyway. I also get Fox and CBS, but only in the summer, and only early mornings or at night, but not during the day.
Interesting. What kind of antenna and how high?

·
Registered
49 Posts
An original CM4228 pointed directly at South Colton, with a preamp (forgot the brand name), on top of a two-storey townhome, about 20-25 ft high, I would say.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anyone else having trouble with WNPI (PBS UHF23)? At the moment I'm getting WWNY-CD (UHF18) and WPBS, WWTI (ABC/CW UHF31 out of watertown - very rare for my location) but not WNPI out of south colton, maybe some weird tropo this evening?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Rabbitears shows CKWS Kingston moving from the rf11 to rf13 in phase 11.
Is phase 11 even a thing?
And if so does anyone know when or if this will happen?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
WVTT Buffalo RF11 is waiting to go full power until Nov 20th for CKWS to vacate RF11.

can go full power.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
CKWS is no longer moving to 13. WVTT is not a protected full-power station, and so cannot force CKWS to change frequency or alter its pattern,

2881 - 2900 of 2921 Posts