Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 3444 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
WETK now broadcasting from Mt. Mansfield!

It's been reported on AVS that WETK-DT (Vermont PBS) has now signed on digitally from Mt. Mansfield.

They are broadcasting physically on channel 32, but re-maps digitally to five different sub-channels of 33.

Point your antennas as the other stations are expected to sign on within the next week or two.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Oops. Apparently they're now off the air. There is, however, a press release on their website dated tomorrow (?) announcing the start of their signal.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Black screen on VPT

my guess is that it's the broadcast flag. It's just a guess.

I have a Samsung T165 and a TV with ATSC.

It works fine on the tv , about 70% but black on the sammy.
The sammy is not upgraded for the BF, so i bet that's the problem.

any thoughts....

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
PSIP is likely the problem

One of the typical problem areas for new ATSC stations is getting the PSIP data correct. The fact that yipikyer has two different ATSC tuners doing two different things leads me to believe that the PSIP data stream is the problem.

Give a friendly call or email to that Vermont station and let them know what you are seeing. My past experience with station technicians all over Canada and the US is that they'll be happy to receive that info.

If you're not sure what PSIP is, read the OTA Forum Knowledge Base & FAQ thread.

Folks, please don't post remarks about the CRTC "jamming" any signals (I've deleted all those comments). This doesn't happen, and such guesses just confuse and misinform newcomers. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Vermont ETV now working on the 9200

It seems they fixed their problem...now we can all enjoy a few more OTA signals on the 9200.
Hopefully NBC. CBS ABC and FOX are not too far behind.

·
Registered
793 Posts
^^ four subchannels + an HD channel?!!!

and us over in Southern Ontario complain about the compression on WNED...

·
Registered
29 Posts
WTF

Hey guys,

What the F&^$%... I was finally able to catch CBC HD only to have the Leafs game on... that sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to watch the habs game on regular ota.... stupid CBC

·
Registered
805 Posts
Hey guys,

What the F&^$%... I was finally able to catch CBC HD only to have the Leafs game on... that sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to watch the habs game on regular ota.... stupid CBC
That's bizarre. 'cause the other night, CBOT-DT had the Sens in 480p while CBLT-DT had the Leafs in HD. Maybe they think people in Ottawa hate Toronto more than people in Montréal.

-gmd

·
Registered
117 Posts
yep sure looks like it's in the zone.. I plotted a similar one in MapPoint and it went up to Saint-Jérôme. The circle is roughly 162km in diameter with a couple discrepancies.

If one falls in that zone; what colour zone of antennas does it cover? I've got a red zone antenna ready to mount on the roof if I can find a ladder :/

·
Registered
390 Posts
If i eye ball this correctly, Montréal is in the zone?
Yes and it should be easy to get them all (CBS NBC FOX PBS). PBS is up and I get it y from St-Eustache with a pre-amp RadioShack Antenna in my Attic. The contour Map for PBS is somewhat smaller than the other so I don't think there will be any problem. My guess is that it be possible to get those stations up to St-Jerome.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Confirmed - WCAX-DT CBS OTA in Montreal

:p Yep it's on 3-1 and 3-2 i'm from St-Eustache and i get the signal full 10 bars(100%)

41 - 60 of 3444 Posts