Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

3621 - 3640 of 3662 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
about 9 pm last night, maybe they adjusted something, because I found the signal is broke with low strength and low quality.
the picture is took in the morning today, it seem to be recovered.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can anyone confirm they're actually working on something for us north of the border?
I don't know if they are working on the antenna, but the signal is better since Tuesday. At night the signal comes in very clear. During day time i have problem getting the signal. Since the new antenna, signal was not coming in.

·
Registered
148 Posts
the signal at night is good.
I can get WVNY all day even sometime has a small broke picture at daytime (12pm-2pm).
I will monitor it in all weather (rain, snow, cloudy, heat and cold) . I have to say channel 7(22.1) is easy to be interfere by other devices.

·
Registered
148 Posts
WVNY 22.1 is back. strength 55%, quality 90%+
great! I need the channels for sport at weekend!
thank you WVNY staffs!

·
Registered
148 Posts
So far all signals from mt. Mansfield are ok. WVNY (22.1) is stable, signal strength 60%, quality 90%.
Please keep them like it's now, NBA finals start Wed, I need WVNY. thank you!

·
Registered
148 Posts
The staffs of WVNY (22.1) is doing something everyday: shutdown transmission shortly, low the power of the transmission. Whatever they do, it makes the watch become more pixel, broken picture ...

·
Registered
97 Posts
The staffs of WVNY (22.1) is doing something everyday: shutdown transmission shortly, low the power of the transmission. Whatever they do, it makes the watch become more pixel, broken picture ...
Northbear, are you sure you're not seeing signal fade due to weather and distance? I see the same thing with CJNT from my location.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yes I Totally agree. I doubt they are or will ever be doing anything else to their antennas on Mansfield...

I’ve been doing some antenna adjustments over the weekend by first swapping out my 10y13s for the Stellar 30-2476 and tweaking both VHF and UHF (A/D db8e) antennas. I’m still unhappy with the results and will have to work on it a bit more. I tried a CM-7777 vs my CM-7778 and another mid-power Wineguard and things got worst to the point of losing all US channels...CJNT is definitely very sensitive to intermod interference when preamps saturate which is even happening with my low-power CM-7777. I may reinstall my HDP-269 and/or will need to lower my antennas to hide myself from Mount-Royal which is fairly close to me. (I’m in Rosemont-Petite-Patrie). I’ve also been using an stl-sdr dongle with the spektrum software and found this to be extremely useful to see intermod issues. Will go back again when time and weather allows!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Northbear, are you sure you're not seeing signal fade due to weather and distance? I see the same thing with CJNT from my location.
the signal from WVNY is stable at most time. But I am not sure it fade due to weather (because the weather is same, clear, cloudy, rain, ....), this is why I said they often adjust something in their antenna. for example, the signal is quite stable last all day (just small broke picture, signal strength is 55-60%, quality is 90-100%).

·
Registered
97 Posts
Imeric, your suggestion on intermod with preamps and CJNT is interesting. I spent some time yesterday trying to figure out the best position and agle for CNJT at my home here in Swanton, VT. Per the old TVFool maps, I'm in a hole - but just for CJNT. All other stations like CBC, RC, CFCF, TVA, Global etc all come in with a wet noodle thrown in the wind. Strangely enough, yesterday, my best most stable signal was pointing the antenna DOWN the hill into a field, which was producing 19-22 SNR and was stable. Today, with the wind (I think), it's breaking up at times and other times goes back to being stable. I am using an 91XG antenna and an old school CM7777 preamp. CBC and RC come in at a full 32.5 SNR (likely overloading the Rx a bit - but no great way to tell). In the past, I tried swapping the preamp with an RCA preamp, which totally lost CJNT. I should add the CHFD acts the same as CJNT in my location. I'm not exactly sure where to go next with this, or if it's even worth it. Having the antenna horizontal had similar results.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I asked the same question in the French forum but I was wondering why I cannot receive WVNY at all. According to TV Fool, while they were on channel 13, my noise margin was at 20.5. On Rabbit ears, the noise margin is about 22.39 on channel 7. I know there are estimates but you would think I should be able to get at least the same signal with a higher NM plus I upgraded from a 30-2475 to a 30-2476 antenna which gives about an extra gain of 1.5 à 2.0db...Any ideas?

3621 - 3640 of 3662 Posts