Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

3421 - 3440 of 3444 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
What physical channel has CJNT moved to? The signal on 49 is gone, but trying channel 17 just tunes to CIVM on 17.1 (manually trying "17.2" on my remote reports no signal).
It's now on RF17. You may need to perform a re-scan, as your TV should still try to tune it using virt chan 62.1.

I've never been able to pick up CFTU, I'm too far South.

·
Registered
360 Posts
official July 3rd AM WNVY and WFFF. Rescan to keep those two channels
Can't wait to now lose WFFF (44.x Fox) and WCFE (57.x). I already lost ICI Montreal 47.1 since the repack on my U.S. pointed 8 bay Channel Master Antenna.

I'm climbing into the attic with a cheapy 2 bay antenna to try to get it back so I can record one show for my mom on ICI Montreal.

Evil cell companies buying up all the good frequencies, soon they will buy up almost all the frequncies and everything will on top of each other and we'll get NO free over the air TV anymore.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Until the new antenna of CBS is up, they are lowering the power of the frequency. So till early august, it might be difficult to get some of the channels.I lost ABC this morning. Wonder if something will happen to Fox this week.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's now on RF17. You may need to perform a re-scan, as your TV should still try to tune it using virt chan 62.1.

I've never been able to pick up CFTU, I'm too far South.
The issue was my TV was picking up CIVS (TVA, Sherbrooke) on UHF 24, and mapping it virtually to 17.1! The solution was to "hide" 17.1 from my channel listings, and then do another rescan. Now have CityTV back and still mapped to 62.1. The signal strength is coming in at ~40%, much higher than it was before the frequency move. I'm concerned about the US channels moving to a much more crowded spectrum though, they've all been coming in strong the past decade, except for Mountain Lake PBS. We'll see what happens in the coming days...

Anyone else getting sub-channels for CIVS/CIVM and CFTU? (showing up as 24.3 and 29.3). It's just a duplicate of the main channel, so I'm thinking maybe it's mapping a glitch with my TV's tuner. I don't think any Canadian stations offer sub-channels.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Can anyone confirm that WCFE has left 38 and is now on 36?

- Trip
Yes, as of July 1st I've been picking up WCFE-57 on physical 36 and it's coming in nice and strong. My signal strength at the moment is reaching 45%, which is a drastic improvement from before (it was always on the fringe, with its signal strength in the low single digits and either cutting out or just not there). Hopefully it stays this way, it'd be nice having both NY and VT PBS available.

Still without WVNY-22, too weak to get a signal lock. Also Global TV on 15.1 is very weak at the moment.

·
Registered
119 Posts
WVNY-DT-7 is now on the air. I was expecting an improvement, but to this extend? Signal strenght: 100%, 27db SNR ! And they are using a temporary antenna at reduced power? wow......

WFFF-DT-16 is also on the air. 66%, 21db SNR, stable signal and decode. It's obviously affected by channel 15 and 17 from Montreal at this location (Brossard, I had 100% on ch 43). They are also on a temporary, so it can only improve.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes it has changed, I get 33 channels with a simple antenna I made and non amp. ABC comes in strong and clear.

·
Registered
22 Posts
In Sherbrooke, WVNY is very unstable. Is it because RF7 and RF8 are adjacent channels and only 33 degrees apart?

Also there is no signal at all on WFFF (RF16).

We are now in a sad situation, both of them were working well before.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ABC coming in strong in Chateauguay! 5 bars out of 10 on Samsung signal meter for the first time ever outside of winter. Fox is much weaker than usual, but still coming in with only minor pixelation. Can't wait for everyone to move to their permanent tower placements. All in all, the repack has been a resounding success for me.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Surprise, I get WVNY at 80% with the cut channel VHF 13 Delhi 13Y-10S.

Bad news is WFFF is only 30 % to 40 % since they are channel 16. Maybe it is time to change my old 4228.

I will wait to see when they are at full power.

·
Registered
175 Posts
WVNY-DT-7 is now on the air. I was expecting an improvement, but to this extend? Signal strenght: 100%, 27db SNR ! And they are using a temporary antenna at reduced power? wow.....
I'm NOT picking up WVNY-22 at all now. The channel disappeared two weeks ago when they reduced power on UHF-13, and since doing a rescan after move, the signal has vanished completely. Looking on UHF-7, there is a faint signal from CHLT (TVA, Sherbrooke) that is too weak to get a signal-lock, but I worry this is knocking out WVNY on the same frequency.

For years I've always had a strong signal for WVNY (usually over 40-50%), even going back to the analog days! I hope this doesn't mean myself and others are going to permanently lose the ABC feed! Hopefully things go back to normal when they raise the power level back.
--
EDIT: Good news! I pushed up the VHF gain on my power-amplified antenna and WVNY-22 is now back, at about 30-35%! Yay! Still hope they increase their power level, the reason I lowered my VHF gain was it was causing interference/errors with some of my UHF channels. At any rate, glad WVNY is back, I've been picking them up with my antenna for close to 20 years now.

Only channels I'm still having issues with are local: 15.1 (Global), 17.1 (TVA) and 47.1 (ICI).

3421 - 3440 of 3444 Posts