·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
4 Posts
CTV Winnipeg (7-1)

I have read somewhere that someone called CTV Winnipeg's operations department and found out that due to technical difficulties, their digital transmitter wasn't at full power. I am in East Kildonan, using a basic UHF/VHF antenna, can get all stations except CTV, anyone know if this is what is happening, or an ETA when this may be resolved?

·
Registered
10 Posts
CBC-DT delayed until Sept. 30th

I thought it would be good to reference this news from the reception results thread here. IMHO -- it is currently the biggest operational status news in the area.

Let's hope they are going to make that Sept 30th deadline. There are going to be a lot of upset people if they have to watch the Oct. 9th season opener of the Jets in analog :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
CKY-DT finally boost power?

It appears that CKY-DT has has finally boosted their power, last night I was watching the signal meter on my TV (I am in east kildonan), and it was bouncing up and down between 25% and 50% (I am assuming this was then working in their transmitter)... then finally settled at 50% which brings in a nice clear picture. This morning when I checked, it was still coming in at 50%, this is totally awesome!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cbc Winnipeg

Does anybody know if cbwt/cbwft will convert by sept 30? Checked today and no sign of the digital antennas on top of one lombard.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Why is CBC,Regina 9-1 not showing a 16x9 picture? When it first converted it was doing it. (local news etc.) All other channels in Regina are showing 16x9 HD.

·
Registered
73 Posts
CBKT SD

Yeah, I'm seeing that too...CBC Regina is showing the leafs in 4x3 in a 720p feed...the audio is also stereo, but in a 5.1 container. I hope this is merely an error, and not a sign of things to come this season. :eek:

I emailed the CBC on their Contact page, just to make them aware, I don't expect a reply.

I can forgive preseason hockey I suppose, very curious to see if the Vancouver game is SD as well. If this is what I have to look forward to this year, I will not be impressed. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
163 Posts
If CBWT are not up and running by October 9th (Jets first game) they're in for a lot of very angry letters. I've heard nothing yet stating any further delays, however.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is CBC broadcasting 4:3 on the 720p signal everywhere in Canada or is that just something wrong locally? I was really hoping to get 16:9 for Hockey Night in Canada!

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
centracore, in the CBC/SRC Post Transition Station Status thread, there has been some discussion regarding the 4:3 issue with some transmitters.

Apparently this problem is temporary, and the CBC/SRC is working on a solution.

To answer your question, not all CBC transmitters are impacted by this problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
will CBC-DT make the Sept.30th date in Winnipeg?

I've seen some comments in the reception results forum for Winnipeg that make me nervous that they aren't going to make it. Does anyone know if there have been any official updates?

·
Registered
15 Posts
CBWT Winnipeg digital transition delayed again

If CBWT are not up and running by October 9th (Jets first game) they're in for a lot of very angry letters. I've heard nothing yet stating any further delays, however.
They had better prepare for the possibility of angry letters. CBC Manitoba tweeted today that "the installation of CBC and Radio-Canada’s new DTV transmitters in Winnipeg has been further delayed until October".

That might be to the advantage of a few rural Manitobans, though, whose current CBC analog signal will be replaced with a much weaker or non-existent digital signal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
CBC-DT in Winnipeg delayed again ????

Here we go again. From the reception results thread:
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=1329683&postcount=718
I'm disappointed I'm not going to see the Oct. 9th Jets game in HD.

Although according to all the talk on the CBC/SRC DTV Post-Transition Status thread, it seems CBC is having issues all over the country. I suppose Winnipeg is delaying the transition to avoid everything that is going on in other markets who have already transistioned?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cbwt

The CBC had at least one year to prepare for the transition in wpg. For it to be delayed twice is pathetic. Maybe they should ask Global how to install an antenna;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
CBC Winnipeg

Spoke to an engineer at cbc manitoba today. he says they have all the equipment on the roof ready to go just waiting for the steel reinforcement to arrive. Will be air before end of oct and operating initially at 1.5 kw from standby transmitter for about a month before the main units get switched on.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts