Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CIII-TV-27 has been down since at least 9/11 at 07:53. Nothing but a black screen on the old Samsung 13 inch analogue only TV. (My spare TV primarily used for Super Nintendo.)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the Global analog CH27 in Peterboro has been down for a few days now. Just a blank screen broadcasting with no audio or video content?? What's going on. Is that one in the process of digital conversion or what?

·
Registered
638 Posts
It's up now. I called Global about it today. They say that Marconi installed some of the equipment there and its always trouble. I suggested that it was time to go DTV. They were unaware that the license is approved.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Where's ch. 27 Global,Peterborough these days?

ch. 27,CIII,Global,Peterborough,ON has been off-air since Sunday morning just before 10 AM.

Did their transmitter blow up,or they FINALLY going to grace our TV sets and DTV Tuners,Converter Boxes with digital!?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I don't understand, wouldn't that have been approved a long time ago?
Does that mean they couldn't have gone digital on Aug.31 even if they wanted because the CRTC had not approved it?
Seems strange.

·
Registered
638 Posts
This is old news guys. Stampeders database mirror reported the approval months ago.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
The CRTC only reports applications approved through the streamlined process every couple of months, and two months after the end of the approval period.

Stampeder gets his data from the public version of the Industry Canada database, which updates its data as soon as the CRTC approves the station, and does not wait until the CRTC gazzettes that information much later on its website.

Note that sometimes the FCC database gets updated even before the public version of the IC database.

·
Registered
638 Posts
CIII Rice Lake 27

Well Global on 27 has been down since Saturday morning. A Full signal with black screen. When are they going to apply a permanent fix as it is a monthly occurrence?

·
Registered
638 Posts
CFTO-54 Repeater Peterborough rf35

Is audio only since this morning. Good that 9 is strong here so no loss. Fix befor Xmas?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Back up same day. Pay attention Global 27 analogue!

·
Registered
638 Posts
CFTO 35 Peterborough

The repeater has dropped down to 720p. CTV2 sub channel anyone?

·
Registered
738 Posts
This might be a backup signal source from Expressvu instead of the normal source. CFTO channel 9 has been reported off-air after 12:05 AM on several days apparently for technical work.

·
Registered
638 Posts
CFTO

35 was OK last night. 9 was down again. No georgemx, sub channel. Don't pee on my flakes man.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Any subchannel other than an SD copy of the main signal requires a license amendment from the CRTC.

Sorry about your flakes. :cool:

·
Registered
638 Posts
It’s a Bad day for TV in the Kawarthas today. TVO 18 is off the air and CFTO on 35 is broadcasting dead air.

·
Registered
638 Posts
CFTO 35

After a week since 9 was down at night they put the repeater back to 1080i.

·
Registered
638 Posts
TVO from CN tower has been absent the last few days. Forced to watch the ghosty analogue 18.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Global 27 was down last night. Thought maybe it was DTV switch over time but alas it came back as is.

·
Registered
638 Posts
CHEX 12 Peterborough

CHEX 12 is off the air. Flash cut anyone?

1 - 20 of 152 Posts