Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 732 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
CICT-DT update!

It seems that Global engineering is not quite happy with the transmitter setup as regards the tuning. They have it operating into it's dummy load and it is undergoing final adjustment and testing! They have elected to do this in place of putting on the air and coming back to perform the work later.

The system is expected to be fully on the air in the next week or two pending further testing and tuning adjustments.

It will be on the air with regular programming once the work is complete! :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
CISA-DT Lethbridge AB

I am proud to say that my hometown of Lethbridge Alberta has been approved to "amend the licence of the English-language conventional television undertaking CISA-TV... in order to add a digital transmitter".

Furthermore:
"The transmitter would operate on [the current] channel 7 with an average effective radiated power 10,100 watts (maximum effective radiated power of 19,700 watts with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 201.4 meters).
The transmitter must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 31 August 2011 unless otherwise authorized by the Commission."

Application 2010-0767-5

It's not much but it makes me happy to see a smaller market with digital transmitter.

·
Premium Member
3,741 Posts
Good news, Mike FM! Thanks for sharing.
I can't find this decision on the CRTC website … Where did you hear about this?

·
Premium Member
3,741 Posts
Incidentally … the folks at Global News in Calgary are currently using a temporary set for all their shows. I wonder if they're doing upgrades for HD broadcasts?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
New CTV Master Control.

CTV Calgary is now going become the master control centre for all of CTV Western Canada very soon. The signals passing through the centre will soon be seen by double the number of viewers (effectively doubling the serviced area fed via CTV Calgary). This will include Vancouver! The CTV techs have been working very hard lately to bring this stage to conclusion! I'm sure that it has been done also with HD in mind.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Are you guys talking about Global Calgary or CTV Calgary becoming a master control centre? (I assumed the last post by Billsmith was a response to the previous one)
Also, is CICT moving to a new frequency when they change the towers?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
CTV Calgary - New Master Control!!

Sorry guys - My response was misleading following downbeat's post #882! Yes CTV Calgary is becoming the master control for Western Canada! I believe that it may already be in operation! I haven't heard about Global but will endeavour to find out on my return to Calgary! I should be there very soon now - hopefully just in time to receive Global's new channel 41 signals! :)

41 - 60 of 732 Posts