Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
561 - 580 of 744 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
If you have 5.1 it can actually works in reverse IIRC. The sound is softer during commercials and louder during the program because the sound is coming through the center channel during the program and most commercials are not in 5.1.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I noticed that CKALDT does not have the show details for older reruns, ie: how i met your mother and 30 rock that run daily. any reason behind this?

I am using wtv renamer to rename my wtv files, and only having issues with CKALDT.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
When is all the programming information going to be fixed for all these channels? By the looks of things nobody is bothering except CFRN. :mad:

In other CFRN news, I e-mailed my contact about when the news going HD and he said hopefully by June! Wow are they ever late! Being that late hopefully that means the whole thing will go at once; field cameras etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Global Lethbridge CISA 7.1 is now broadcasting PSIP also. Final hold outs are Miracle 17.1 and CityTV 46.1 (ok City has partial PSIP since the EPG shows show title as Event #### and no description)

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
CKAL and CJCO program guide now up

I've just noticed Citytv (CKAL-DT) and OMNI (CJCO-DT) in Calgary are finally showing program guide information. Anyone else? How about Edmonton and Lethbridge?
This leaves CBC (CBRT-DT) as the lone Calgary DTV station without such broadcast data.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Don't know about that... I heard the techs in Calgary were working on setting the clocks. May explain why City in Edmonton is off the air.

·
Registered
214 Posts
On my tv they have changed the station identifier to say city tv instead of CKAL, and omni instead of CJCO. On the Tv thats connected to converter box the old identifiers appear as they always did. Is this just my tv that changed or did everyone's?

·
Registered
186 Posts
City TV Edmonton

So, for a couple of days last week, there was no PSIP information on City Edmonton so I called and asked what was up. Tech said they were setting clocks in Calgary and may have done something. Yesterday, still no City on 3 different TV's and looked at TSreader again. The PSIP is back but they changed the virtual to 51.1 (as it should be) instead of 17.1. To watch the channel, I had to rescan to pick up the new channel on all 3 TV's. All good again!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Citytv Calgary program data down

Citytv (CKAL-DT) in Calgary is no longer showing program data for me this evening. It's back to the generic "Citytv CALGARY , Event ####' data. I suppose a few bumps in the road are to be expected. OMNI still looks good though.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #575 ·
CBRT-DT English service! This summer! 10 times the ERP!

CBRT-DT is scheduled to transfer it's service to a new antenna and the new transmitter will be 10Kw power output. The new antenna is expected to be attached to the surface of the old Channel 9 high band unit at the very top of the mast. The ERP is expected to be over 200 Kw. This should offer extended range and better reception opportunities around and well outside Calgary. :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #577 ·
CBRFT French Service.

j0dest3r - AFAIK Southern Alberta's CBC/SRC repeater sites are all having or have had satelite dishes and receivers added in order to continue to feed the old analog repeaters when the so called "analog backbone" is switched off.
In theory at least, this will mean that the analog services can continue until other parts wear out and can no longer be replaced due to non-availabilty or a new mandate appears which will require them to be turned off or replaced by digital services. The same, I imagine will happen or has happened to CBRFT French service in Calgary. The analog service could therefore linger on for a few years pending a further authoratative decision. It's a pity that a city the size of Calgary doesn't appear to warrant an OTA DTV French service. A little oddball in the scheme of things? (Calgary has 6 DTV channels and one analog)!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Global Edmoton

Wow! So I've had my antenna up for almost a year now, never had any signal issues until today. There is a bit of a spring snow storm going on, and Global is unwatchable! :mad: CFRN is fine. It looks like I'm going to have to tweak my setup again!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
j0dest3r,

I saw your message and checked. I'm not getting 13.1 either right now.

Ahh well, this sort of thing is infrequent enough that I'm probably not going to do anything about it. What would have to happen in order for me to upgrade my antenna setup would be if start losing prime-time recordings due to antenna signal issues.

561 - 580 of 744 Posts