Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1901 - 1914 of 1914 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
So no WKBW will remain on rf 34..WNYO is changing to new standard and will be carry many of the major networks in astc 3.0..WNYO will be carried on another station in astc 1.0 for everyone to continue to receive them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So no WKBW will remain on rf 34..WNYO is changing to new standard and will be carry many of the major networks in astc 3.0..WNYO will be carried on another station in astc 1.0 for everyone to continue to receive them.
That's good. I don't own any ATSC 3.0 tuners and I do enjoy watching WNYO. Looks like I need to rescan my devices to pick up the new frequencies in the near future.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Scroll on WUTV last night stated that WNYO will be going 3.0 on March 18 and a rescan will be required to get WNYO 1.0.
I guess WNYO 1.0 will be sharing RF 32 with WUTV?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This month I notice straight lines 1/4 inch apart all across the screen. I have an indoor Terk antenna in my apartment that works well,considering that I face North in northwest Scarborough. I get as good reception from Buffalo as Toronto. The above channel is 46% now but is usually 60-70%. Does anyone these lines on screen on this channel.?

·
Registered
77 Posts
This month I notice straight lines 1/4 inch apart all across the screen. I have an indoor Terk antenna in my apartment that works well,considering that I face North in northwest Scarborough. I get as good reception from Buffalo as Toronto. The above channel is 46% now but is usually 60-70%. Does anyone these lines on screen on this channel.?
Yes, I've seen these lines as well on WNYO, caught it just the other day.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Such a waste to have all those sub channels already available in the market... Wish they could get some of those WBBZ channels into other sub channels in the market instead, WKBW and WIVB/WNLO are already strong stations in the market...

·
Registered
269 Posts
One good thing about WNYO 49 being broadcasted from RF32 is I will be able to watch the Yankee games this upcoming season. When they were on RF16, I couldn't receive them, only under good tropo conditions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Scripps also owns WKBW, so will they continue to double broadcast Laff and Grit TV?

As for WYNO I haven't been able to receive it since November.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
WGRZ will be carrying Comet Tv 49.3 starting March 18th.

1901 - 1914 of 1914 Posts