Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1881 - 1898 of 1898 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
City TVs contour reaches Fort Erie so will WDTB use of RF 18 interfere with City reception in Fort Erie ? If yes then Industry Canada will not approve.They are planning a new more directional antenna but is it enough to protect City.There own study showed CFMT at 16KW would cause 10% to WDTB in New York state..So with 50KW it will be higher.They should choose another frequency.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
No one will care about Fort Erie, it doesn't make up enough population to be significant,
in comparison to metro Toronto. Small numerator of IX Pops / Huge denominator of covered pops = an extremely small % of IX pops. Is Basic Arithmetic. If ya can get that to < 0.5% should be fine.
Agree with ya though, it'll be rejected straight away if the database they are basing on is stale to begin with. Preferably just close the door and turn out the lights...:)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
According to the LMS data WUTV and WNYO are on air from WUTV tower with their final power levels.WNYO has directional signal away from Canada.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
City TV Toronto is on RF 18 and covers the Niagara region.Rf 31 is Woodstock and is co channel with WNED.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Anyone having issues with WYNO? Lost all their channels, did a rescan, nada.. in Whitby. All other Buffalo signals are fine

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Do you mean WNYO RF 16?
Solid signal here.

·
Registered
70 Posts
According to Rabbit Ears, WNYB is applying to move from RF 5 to 27 and onto Grand Island - signal looks to be strongly directional to BUF

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
No WNYB is applying for repeater on RF 27 to replace WBNF which was on RF 15 .RF 5 will remain on.This is to provide better reception east of Buffalo as VHF Low is not working well.They took millions to give up RF 26 now want back on RF 27.

·
Registered
20 Posts
No WNYB is applying for repeater on RF 27 to replace WBNF which was on RF 15 .RF 5 will remain on.This is to provide better reception east of Buffalo as VHF Low is not working well.They took millions to give up RF 26 now want back on RF 27.
I wonder if I can get them on RF 27 down here in the Niagara region, below the escarpment. Sometimes the RF 5 signal comes in but not stable enough to watch.

·
Registered
478 Posts
After close to two years of being off air WAWW Rochester’s HSN is back broadcasting on channel 20 in glorious analogue. Amazed there are still analogue stations broadcasting in the USA.
I am glad to have at least one analogue station. That way I can “see” the signal quality.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
WWHC RF 20 Olean has applied to move their transmitter to East Aurora with a contour reaching Niagara Falls and missing Olean their city of license completely.This causes interference to 37K in Canada and 50% in WNY.Its within FCC rules 2% interference out of 8 million CBLT population in Canada.This should not be approved.

1881 - 1898 of 1898 Posts