Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1861 - 1877 of 1877 Posts

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
I just read this online, looks like WBBZ RF 7 in Springville, NY , is going to carry Start TV, Decades, and Movies Starting July 1st.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
I just saw WVTT testing on RF 11 today for the first time, from about 5:30pm to 7:30 pm...
Had 5 Programs on it. One was a color bar test pattern... is gone now...at 19:45
I noticed it on the computer, and was gone before I could scan it in on my TV...
Guessing they must be trying to make the July 1st Phase 10 deadline?

Was a decent signal here, receiving from the back side of the yagi.
WVTT RF 11
strength -53 dBm, SNR 27 dB
WBBZ RF7
strength -50 dBm, SNR 22 dB
Was definitely a better quality SNR than WBBZ here on the same receive antenna.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
WVTT rf 11 appears to be testing again today..
It has been up since ~ Noon...
Still about the same signal Strength as WBBZ but several dB better SNR wise here, from the back side of the yagi.
WVTT -59 dBm, 26 dB SNR
WBBZ -58 dBm, 23 dB SNR

So far the 1st program is Movies!, while the 2nd program is Decades.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up majortom, pointed the combo antenna at Buffalo and WVTT was coming in good along with WBBZ. Hard to judge with the weather we've been having lately, but it seems like a good sign.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Scanned WVTT here in Milton with my DB4e last night, didn't really expect to see it. Must've been some tropo though, it's barely making a blip today. It was running 5 subchannels:

34.1 Movies!
34.2 Decades
34.3 Infomercials
34.4 color bars / no content
34.5 Infomercials

Rabbitears has business news channel Cheddar listed on 34.4, so that will probably show up at some point. Cheddar runs a free open live stream 24/7 in HD on their website, and across a ton of streaming apps, so there are other ways to get at that content anyway (with better quality).

·
Registered
469 Posts
Getting WVTT here too. Likely will see it often during typical summer tropo.
I don’t see WBBZ vey often, but it is 20km further than WVTT from me.
A little disappointed that none of their channels are offered at 720p.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
WVTT has STA for 1 KW at 188 metres,There permitted 3KW at 188 metres.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
WVTT has mounted their antenna higher and reduced the power..??

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
New WWHC on RF 20 to come on air from south of Buffalo may interfere with CBLT reception in Fort Erie Ontario.Predicted interference in Canada is 4.68 % so its within 5% rule and is allowed.The station is supposed to be an Olean NY station but has decided to move their transmitter 30 km north toward Buffalo .There is more signal reaching Buffalo then Olean.They are approved for 1KW but have applied for 15KW.

·
Registered
40 Posts
WVTT appears to have made some changes with their subchannels, at least the ones that are coming in tonight...

34.1 Informercials- specifically Time Life music
34.2 Unknown, appears to be showing some classic TV programming (not Decades or Movies, check their schedule and didn't match with what was being aired)
34.3 Informercials
34.4 Blank
34.5 Azteca Clic!
34.6 Azteca Corazon

I thought the Azteca channels were only available on cable or in Mexico... But really enjoying the drama on the telenovelas!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just noticed that 2-3 out of Buffalo is no longer called Justice, it's now called True Crime. Not that I watch this a lot, but still, for those who do, it looks like they just changed names.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
WNYB RF 5 has applied for translater on Grand Island using RF 27 with 5 KW directional toward Buffalo.Stated reception issues with RF 5.They sold their old RF 26 frequency,

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cheddar is now on WVTT 34.2. All other channels remain the same.
34.1 Infomercials
34.2 Cheddar
34.3 Informercials
34.4 Test screen (blank)
34.5 Azteca Clic!
34.6 Azteca Corazon

1861 - 1877 of 1877 Posts