Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1861 - 1870 of 1870 Posts

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
I just read this online, looks like WBBZ RF 7 in Springville, NY , is going to carry Start TV, Decades, and Movies Starting July 1st.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
I just saw WVTT testing on RF 11 today for the first time, from about 5:30pm to 7:30 pm...
Had 5 Programs on it. One was a color bar test pattern... is gone now...at 19:45
I noticed it on the computer, and was gone before I could scan it in on my TV...
Guessing they must be trying to make the July 1st Phase 10 deadline?

Was a decent signal here, receiving from the back side of the yagi.
WVTT RF 11
strength -53 dBm, SNR 27 dB
WBBZ RF7
strength -50 dBm, SNR 22 dB
Was definitely a better quality SNR than WBBZ here on the same receive antenna.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
WVTT rf 11 appears to be testing again today..
It has been up since ~ Noon...
Still about the same signal Strength as WBBZ but several dB better SNR wise here, from the back side of the yagi.
WVTT -59 dBm, 26 dB SNR
WBBZ -58 dBm, 23 dB SNR

So far the 1st program is Movies!, while the 2nd program is Decades.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up majortom, pointed the combo antenna at Buffalo and WVTT was coming in good along with WBBZ. Hard to judge with the weather we've been having lately, but it seems like a good sign.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Scanned WVTT here in Milton with my DB4e last night, didn't really expect to see it. Must've been some tropo though, it's barely making a blip today. It was running 5 subchannels:

34.1 Movies!
34.2 Decades
34.3 Infomercials
34.4 color bars / no content
34.5 Infomercials

Rabbitears has business news channel Cheddar listed on 34.4, so that will probably show up at some point. Cheddar runs a free open live stream 24/7 in HD on their website, and across a ton of streaming apps, so there are other ways to get at that content anyway (with better quality).

·
Registered
459 Posts
Getting WVTT here too. Likely will see it often during typical summer tropo.
I don’t see WBBZ vey often, but it is 20km further than WVTT from me.
A little disappointed that none of their channels are offered at 720p.

1861 - 1870 of 1870 Posts