Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

101 - 120 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a one year old LG that can't display TVO's EPG but another LG that is two years old works. There is clearly something different that TVO is doing. I sent them a direct email and was asked to send my phone number so they could contact me..... they never called. I have given up, but lucky for me the EPG isn't important to my Windows 7 PVR.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
I monitored "Half Nelson" on both 28.1 (Paris) and 19.1 (Toronto) for a few minutes each. Both transmitters presenting in 16:9 HD with no drop to 4:3 and/or SD. This must be an issue specific to the Windsor transmitter.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Both Windsor and Chatham TVO stations are affected from what I've seen. The drop to SD lasts under three seconds before going back to 1080i again. EPG also returns shortly after. It was pretty bad tonight. Switching back and forth as many as 3+ times in just one minute.

First noticed this just over a week ago, but thought they were working on it as the problem subsides at times.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Just wondering if TVO sometimes has issues with their PSIP. Recorded In the Heat of the Night and Insomnia on Saturday and both audio tracks came across on my MythTV system as Undetermined so it defaulted to descriptive audio. Just looked at a lecture program and both tracks were labelled (English,French).

Do they often have this problem?

·
Registered
114 Posts
No issue with the audio tracks for either movie here (recorded in wmc from Ottawa). Perhaps it was an issue with PSIP only on the Toronto broadcast. The disappointment for me was that Insomnia was window boxed (black bars at top and bottom and left and right of picture), but this is often an issue with TVO.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
I'm told that TVO techs worked on the problem this morning and may have it resolved by now. Can you confirm that it's back to 1080i?

·
Registered
248 Posts
TVO London

TVO was still 480i for the entire weekend here in London. Been that way for a week now. TVO Kitchener was 1080i though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
here in chatham right now there is a ton of signal, but nothing on it. So I would assume that they are in the process of fixing the problem between Kitchener and London

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
It will be interesting to see what tonight's forecast snowfall does to the TVO linkage for you folks in the Kitchener to Windsor corridor.

Cameron

101 - 120 of 488 Posts