Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
281 - 300 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Interesting. I could see Bell applying to use the same model for CTV and CTV2 especially in the Toronto area and also perhaps in Ottawa-Kitchener-London-Windsor. It would simplify their transmitters and re-transmitters and increase coverage to some urban areas.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
They should shutdown Peterborough transmitter and keep Cobourg transmitter. Signal and frequency is superior.
My guess is based on the maps they showed in their application, they are going with Peterborough because it has a wider coverage area than CIII-DT-27. I have a friend that lives on the south-east side of Lake Simcoe and CIII-DT-27 wouldn't provide reliable reception in that area. It also restores access to Global Toronto for many that would lose access as a result of CIII-2 shutting down and using CKWS-DT Kingston instead.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Anyone in Northern Ontario having difficulty pulling in Global lately? The signal has been pixelating for about 4-5 days now, despite the signal strength coming in as usual. I left a message with the technical department, and haven't heard back since.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's been a few weeks, but after sending a half dozen emails to Global & one to the CRTC, it would appear the the signal is watchable again (though it's not as strong as it usually is).

Nice to have it back.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
GlobalTV CIII, Ch 6 for me in the Woodstock, Ontario area, just switched to some French channel for me. I only get 4 channels with my indoor antenna and when searched again, I only got those same 4, no Global. Has anyone else seen something like this?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yep, as first reported on the SOWNY forum early this morning, something has gone wonky: CIII-DT Paris is mistakenly broadcasting a signal from Ici Radio-Canada Télé.
My guess is that the unattended transmitter site receives Global Toronto from Shaw Broadcast Services via satellite. Probably the commercial satellite receiver got mistakenly bumped to tuning French CBC instead of Global. And AFAIK, Corus outsources transmitter site maintenance to TVO, there, so probably nobody's noticed what went wrong, and even if they did, probably won't fix it for days. o_O

·
Registered
63 Posts
Unbelievable!
CKWS Brighton now broadcasting on RF23.
Even though they plan on shutting transmitter down they did the transition without warning.
I really didn’t think they would.... I’m impressed.
This is odd. Around that time we lost ch30 CKWS Brighton (east end of Belleville).
I thought it was either spring weather interference or the 5 year old RCA preamp dying (it was OK).
If I enter 23-3 on the TV it locks in but shows nothing. (If I enter other channels that don't exist they don't stay set in, Seiki TV)
If I try 12-1 (Peterborough, where I read ch30 was going, 12-3) it does not lock in.
On the otherhand we still get ch11 CKWS Kingston (plus ch6 CJOH, ch22 TVO & ch27 Global).

-D-

·
Registered
95 Posts
My Roku tv can't even decode the signal unless I do a full rescan sometimes (past week or so). I wonder if they have been trying to fix something.

My tablo and other tvs all decode it fine.

281 - 300 of 325 Posts