Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

281 - 291 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks Humbar.

I'm trying to keep track of what's happening elsewhere in anticipation of the digital conversion of the remaining analog channels in my area and elsewhere in Northern Ontario.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No kidding. I did a comparison with the power of the three stations in my area and it's night & day compared to what CHEX-DT-2 Oshawa is allocated for power. Yikes...

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Interesting. I could see Bell applying to use the same model for CTV and CTV2 especially in the Toronto area and also perhaps in Ottawa-Kitchener-London-Windsor. It would simplify their transmitters and re-transmitters and increase coverage to some urban areas.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Unbelievable!
CKWS Brighton now broadcasting on RF23.
Even though they plan on shutting transmitter down they did the transition without warning.
I really didn’t think they would.... I’m impressed.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
They should shutdown Peterborough transmitter and keep Cobourg transmitter. Signal and frequency is superior.
My guess is based on the maps they showed in their application, they are going with Peterborough because it has a wider coverage area than CIII-DT-27. I have a friend that lives on the south-east side of Lake Simcoe and CIII-DT-27 wouldn't provide reliable reception in that area. It also restores access to Global Toronto for many that would lose access as a result of CIII-2 shutting down and using CKWS-DT Kingston instead.

281 - 291 of 291 Posts