Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I called from Ottawa today and was told that they are at full power and it sucks too bad :( Well not exactly like that but yeah. (note: I called the number posted and go no menu, someone answered immediately).

So I called CRTC and they said that Global's signal is weak and they can apply for a stronger signal but they have to ask for it and then the CRTC will look at it. So keep calling global to bug them.

One would think that the CRTC mandating digital in certain areas would require a certain percentage of penetration but I guess as long as it is on, it doesn't matter how wimpy it is.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got a call back from Global they are looking into it and will call me back.

The guy suggested turning off the FM trap incase it is interfering as he said they broadcast from 82Mhz to 88Mhz although we know we have a strong 88.5 here in Ottawa.

It's worth a try but pretty sure with the trap I had worse signal before.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just a note for Global Ottawa. The FM trap on the 7777 is required, without it my signal cuts in half. I have contacted an engineer at Global again as I can now catch it I'm not sure yet if they did something or what though. I posted my results in the kanata results thread for those interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts