Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yes, call them at (416) 446-5311. They have a menu option (#4) for unacceptable reception. FYI, they are still not at full power because the equipment at the Paris site (owned by TVO) is really old. But the engineer says they are working on it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Paris Power

I called Global again today. The guy on the other end said that they are still not running at full power because the site and its equipment are so old, and there are safty issues, etc.

He also mentioned that Paris and Ottawa are specifically problem sites (as predecited here by many).

Anyway, I should have asked what power they are running at, but I forgot.

·
Registered
475 Posts
BCF, I _just_ called (416) 446-5311 seconds ago (5:12pm) and option four (#4) was still there for unacceptable results. Odd. Anyway, they are getting to know me now, so I'm not going to call back for a little while.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Says they're moving to 14, so I doubt they can do it in Paris with CITS so close in London. Hopefully something is done. Ideally I'd like them to stay between 7 and 12 since it works with my setup.

·
Registered
475 Posts
sweet! I wonder why Paris isn't in there anywhere - maybe because they've already applied (has it been approved?).

Interesting to see that they're staying on 2 despite the problems they had in Paris/Ottawa. Incremental upgrades I guess.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts