Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks Micah for posting some information for Globaltv CIII 6.1. Hopefully Global will remedy the issue(s) with their Paris and Ottawa transmitters quickly.
I'll try to remember to ask the engineer what ERP they are broadcasting at when I call. I will post the information on this forum.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I called Global @ 416-446-5311, the number provided micah the other day.
Global/Shaw must have changed the menu, as it only prompted to press 1 (english) or 2 (french). There was no menu option 4 for unacceptable OTA reception. :confused:

The number went to Global TV News, so I'm not sure why that happened. I was given another number to call, which gave options to subscribe to Shaw Cable to Shaw satellite. :(
The call eventually went to voicemail, so I left a brief message about not being able to pickup Global 6.1 from Paris,ON in London.

I'm glad some got through to Global and spoke with their engineers regarding reception of Global 6.1 from Paris,ON in London. Hopefully Global will be able to resolve the known issues soon.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Global CIII-TV-29

I recall that Shaw published plans to eventually convert their additional transmitters to digital by 2016, but I would like to know if Global/Shaw will be converting their Global CIII-TV-29 in the upcoming months this year?

Global Paris on 6.1 @ ERP 4kW has been impossible for most Londoners to receive (I have never been able to pickup the channel since conversion to digital in August 2011). At the beginning of this thread, there are some posts stating that calls were made to Global specifically about reception in London. It seems as the autumn and winter approached, things sort of "halted" on addressing the issues.

I'm interested to know when the CIII-TV-29 repeater (currently on analog channel 29) from Oil Springs/Sarnia will be converted.

Thanks!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have received Word from the VP of Tech Operations (Carol Darling) and (Paul Robertson) that 29 will be up and running this year. They have also indicated to me, that they know of the problems in London, and have hinted that they are looking at solutions. The also know the problems London is having with the signal as well.
Thanks OTA-London for posting the good news for those in the London and area.
Hopefully Global (Shaw) will also request from the CRTC better signal coverage in London.
Looking forward to Global 29 from Oil Springs to go OTA DTV.

·
Registered
290 Posts
^^^^
this is great news for those in the London area who were never able to receive Global CIII 6.1 from Paris, ON after the digital transition last summer. Hopefully Shaw/Global will ensure enough signal reaches the London area once Global CIII-29 converts to digital.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts