Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Channel 29 Oil Springs (Global)

I have received Word from the VP of Tech Operations (Carol Darling) and (Paul Robertson) that 29 will be up and running this year. They have also indicated to me, that they know of the problems in London, and have hinted that they are looking at solutions. The also know the problems London is having with the signal as well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ottawa

Hi Roger Last time I talked to Carol Darling, she had indicated, that they were trying to get the SUN TV transmitter, I understand that has now gone to the CBC French. I think they are still looking at Solutions. One of the things she mentioned, is that they know the problems with the lower frequencies in the VHF frequency, they have two transmitters, with 6 (Paris and Ottawa).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Channel 29 Oil Springs (Global)

I just got an email back from the VP of Operations at Shaw Media, here it is.
The Sarnia-Oil Springs engineering analysis is in progress, and as per my prior correspondence with you, our target is to have Sarnia-Oil Springs transitioned to digital by the end of the year, subject to regulatory approvals and vendor timelines.
As well, Shaw greatly appreciates your feedback regarding viewership in London. We are taking your comments into consideration as we review our options.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Global

Micah and Roger, I have direct contact with the Shaw media VP, they have told me that there thinking about a channel, prob in the London Area.. It would be perfect for 19.1 because that was allotted even in the states. If so, it has the same output as the one in Oil Springs. They should just move it. I have suggested this to them, so they know this. But I am not an expert as they are, and they need to know from the public, that it is needed. Just suggest it, and see what happens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts