Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

141 - 160 of 1357 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Already getting some of Cleveland and some Eastern Ontario. Surprisingly CHEX analog Oshawa is coming in pretty clear, that's rare.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Getting WBAY from Green Bay in right now on RF 23 VC 2. I've had this one before. Hoping for some new ones now!!

Edit: Added new station at 3am WPBN from Traverse City RF47 VC 7

·
Registered
769 Posts
Nice catches you guys. I'm picking up Erie and London at the moment: WICU12, CTS14, WSEE16, TVO18, WFXP22, WJET24, WQLN50, CHCH51.

6:28am - WJBK7 Detroit
8:23am - WPCW11, WPNT42, WPXI48, gotta leave soon though

·
Registered
619 Posts
Nice Grabs Steelzone, especially Green Bay!

On my first pass this am getting WWHOrf46 Columbus, WBNS rf21 Columbus, CIII rf29 Oil Springs, WTAE, WPXI, WPCW (while pointed at Cleveland), all Erie except WLEP and lots of missing stations!

Fog is burning off fast, should heat up!
8:00am WINP rf38, WPGH rf43, WPNT rf42 Pittsburgh, WNPB rf33 West Virginia
8:15am WJAC rf34, WQHS rf34, WYTV rf36, WKBN rf41

·
Registered
268 Posts
It's looking like this could be a really good night for signals. I've acquired WFQX for only the 2nd time and also WTLW which is a channel that usually indicates that Indiana stations might be coming in really soon.

·
Registered
619 Posts
You really have excelled on those Michigan captures.

Pittsburgh is booming as is Cleveland and that general vicinity for me. Rare ones I'm getting WTOV WV, WOUC Cambridge Ohio, WIVN rf29, WPGH rf43 WINP rf38 Pittsburgh.

Funny thing on WPNT, they have "channel 11 news on 53 @ 10" which is actually on rf42 vc22.

12:30am KDKA, WPGT rf49

12:40a, WJAC, WYTV

·
Registered
135 Posts
Had a few last night on the vhf/uhf combo about 930pm-1130pm

mostly ohio.......usual Clev.

WMFD rf12
WRLM rf47

2 New.......... WSFJ rf24 TBN
WOUC rf35 PBS

·
Registered
769 Posts
Picking up WPTZ14 and WCAX22 Vermont right now.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I got those Vermonts too along with WNYF rf 18.

New Channel, WBYD rf 39 Pittsburgh VC29-1-2! Jewelly tv and "CRTV" on the other.

10:10am
Holy crap, Pittsburgh is on fire, WQVC, something on rf 8, RF13 where WQED is located is at 80% but won't resolve, most likely interference from CKCO, City Woodstock blank, WNYB blank (this is basically looking right at it).
WPCB/PFFC rf50 VC 40-1-2

10:18am 2 new ones, WTAE on rf 22 VC4-3-4 and WEPA on rf16 VC59-1-3

10:28am 2 MORE new one WNNB rf30 VC66-1-3 and WPCW on rf 27

10:38 WWCP rf8

10:48 WPTG rf49 vc69-1-2

·
Registered
769 Posts
Nice catches! I'm always jealous of them because our locations aren't that far apart, but tropo was excellent for me too this am. Picked up WWCP8, WCPW11, CHEX12, WPTZ14, WEPA16, WXXI16, WCAX22, WVPX23, KDKA25, WPCW27, CIII27, WKTV29, WBNX30, WIIC31, WJAC34, WQHS34, WINP38, WKBN41, WPNT42, WPGH43, WNEO45, WROC45, WPXI48, WDLI49, WTAE51. Also got these new ones:

RF7 WTRF 7.1-4 Wheeling, WV (first time getting West Virginia)
RF10 WVFX 10.1-2 Clarksburg, WV
RF12 WBOY 12.1-2 Clarksburg, WV
RF13 WQED 13.1-4 Pittsburgh, PA (only second time killing CKCO)
RF22 WTAE 4.3-4 Pittsburgh, PA
RF30 WNNB 66.1-3 Beaver, PA
RF50 WPCB 40.1-2 Greensburg, PA

·
Registered
619 Posts
Holy crow, you scored huge too, I got one that wouldn't resolve for over 5 minutes, no picture but 60-80% ss, WWAT rf45.

Those are coool ones from Clarksburg, I had them showing "poor signal quality" but they didn't come in.

What an INSANE morning and so glad you hit the jackpot as well. The tropo Gods were smiling on us today!

Correction, had already gotten WPCW rf27 before.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Insane morning indeed, and looks like some tropo is back tonight. Picking up WFXP22, WVPX23, WEKA27, WQHS34, WDLI49 right now.

It's hard to keep with you, I think you're way ahead of me now. I also still haven't broke the 400 miles barrier, though I did get another RF30 today which makes 9 different RF30's for me.

10:23pm - WVIZ38

·
Registered
619 Posts
I think YOU are still ahead of me. I've added 15 transmitters this year but I doubt my extra captures makes up the difference for the ones you've picked up in Michigan and Indiana as well as others you were ahead on. I've been real lax in keeping a good log and don't worry too much about the total count, it's more about the hunt!

So far it's been a good summer but I'd really love to see another East Coast tropo wave like we had last year where we all picked up New York City etc.

Nothing new or rare for me tonight, I'm hoping something opens up through New York to the coast in the morning.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Picking up a few from Cleveland plus a surprise with WMFD12 again.

11:01pm - WCMH14, WBNS21 Columbus OH
11:42pm - WOSU38

·
Registered
619 Posts
Nice snags Orbot, WOSU is a real tough one to get given our proximity to WKBW, I've only caught it 2 or 3 times.

Tonight's been weird, extreme tropo from Erie to Syracuse, was getting rf16 WSEE while pointed at Syracuse @100% SS, same thing for WICU rf 12 and WVTT, Buffalo and PRochester were also booming but something was trying to come in intermittently on many rf's. If you look at the Harder maps there is extreme topo east and west of us with Toronto to KW being a rather dead spot. Hopefully this changes, soon, I've "had a few" and don't know how much lionger I'll last.

Currently getting all Erie including WLEP, all Buffalo except WBXZ (although Global Paris got blanked for a while), CKWS rf30, CKWS, rf 11, CIII 27, Erie's WFXP disappears when turned eastwards but WQLN is 100% so I suspect we're getting some signal from Vermont as WUTV is doing the same. Most of Rochester is coming in, WROC, WXXI, WHEC, WBGT.

1:16am WWTI rf21, something on rf51, it's not resloving, hopefully WJAR Providence.

10:45am Point at Duluth Minnesota Orbot, it's cooking into KW for the Ham radio folks.

11:10am Picking up CHEX Oshawa analog on rf22 and some channel on analog 7, too ghosted to tell what it is, Syracuse, Utica, Watertown and Rochester still strong.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Picking up Star Ray again, visible picture, some cartoon from the states, all Rochester except WHAM and WUHF, Watertown, Syracuse Utica, Kingston etc, nothing new yet.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Strong tropo coming out of the east tonight. WCAX, RF22 out of Burlington, Vermont and WPTZ RF14 out of Plattsburgh, New York. Both transmitting from Mount Mansfield, Vermont. Also receiving WKTV, RF29 out of Utica, New York and WETM out of Elmira, NY, on RF18. I also have a full slate of Toronto locals and CHCH out of Hamilton. Might have something to do with the Tropical storm off of the coast of New England.

·
Registered
135 Posts
There is some tropo out tonight @9pm.

Have some midmichigan stations WNEM rf22, WEYIrf30,WDCQrf48 ,WEWS rf15 clev.

nothing new but some old friends popping up.

Maybe later will get better..........

·
Registered
769 Posts
Picked up WJBK7 Detroit, a couple from Cleveland and Erie, and CKVR10 Barrie tonight so far, hopefully it'll get better. Not sure how often CKVR comes in because I rarely point north.

Nice grabs you guys. Zank, unfortunately I didn't pick up anything to the west last weekend but I did try. I was getting similar results as you with all the strong stuff to the east, but nothing new. Nice star ray catch, I tried for that but got absolutely nothing while pointed at TO (WFXP was coming in while pointing south).

9:28pm - WMYD21 Detroit

141 - 160 of 1357 Posts