Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1381 - 1385 of 1385 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hey Orbot, WNYO/MyTV is broadcasting in ATSC 3.0 starting March 18th. They say they won't be broadcasting an ATSC 1.0 signal, which is weird because I thought they were required to do so for 5 years after the switch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So far only WKBW 7 (ABC) has filed anything for NextGen ATSC 3.0 action in the Buffalo market. They have filed that they will be one of the streams on the WNYO NextGen signal. I have a contact at the FCC and that person says they are still waiting to see the paperwork from Sinclair for the WNYO transition on March 18th. I guess they've got themselves out on a limb right now. There are no filings yet for who will carry WNYO as a sub in ATSC 1.0 or WNYO's subs, which has to be good on the 5 year policy.

Jim - Springfield, Missouri

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks for that info Jim, the only reason I posted it was they were doing a scrawler letting people know they would need to rescan on the 18th during the Simpson's tonight and Orbot bought one of the new HDHomerun's with dual ATSC 1.0 and 3.0 tuners (4 tuners total).

·
Registered
776 Posts
Thanks Zank, yeah I also saw that scroller. I'll definitely hook up the atsc3 hdhomerun by then and will post updates.

1381 - 1385 of 1385 Posts