Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1361 - 1368 of 1368 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
No new stations for me, but seeing some Indiana stations that I haven't logged since 2013:
3:58am, WTTK Indianapolis, IN RF15 VC 29
3:59am, WXIN Indianapolis, IN RF22 VC 59
4:20am, WIPB Muncie, IN RF19 VC49

·
Registered
271 Posts
12:30 am, WRSP Sprinfield Illinois RF16 VC55 1-3 488 miles. This might be the weirdest catch I've had. All of my regular stations are normal tonight. No signs of anything unusual happening until I was surfing the signal meter on my tv. I land on RF16 and there is no signal strength at all and then all of sudden it jumps to 13db and vanishes back to zero strength a second later. In that one second my tuner decodes the signal. It took me about a half hour to identify this new transmitter, as the station only identifies as Fox.

·
Registered
8,959 Posts
Got to wonder if that was a reflection off an airplane or something similar. Such occurrences would normally go unnoticed 99.999% of the time.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Got to wonder if that was a reflection off an airplane or something similar. Such occurrences would normally go unnoticed 99.999% of the time.
This is exactly what I was thinking. At the time of the capture on the live propagation map there were no signal paths to my location greater than 100 miles. I always thought this type of occurrence was bs but now I'm not so sure.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Since TVO Paris moved to rf22 WJET Erie is now coming in loud and clear. Not as strong as WSEE but varies between 18-21dB.

P.S. Orbot, how is that new tuner working? Hopefully we get some Pittsburgh tropo soon so you can grab WPGH, WTAE and WPNT in atsc 3.0

1361 - 1368 of 1368 Posts