Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

101 - 120 of 1358 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
New channel at 2:35 am, WWMT RF 8 VC 3 from Kalamazoo. Also my CITS channel RF 14 which is 16 miles from my location is wiped out by WKBD from Detroit. Something has knocked off CFPL as well, which is the strongest channel at my location according to tvfool.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Picking up a couple of Columbus stations now, WBNS rf21 and WWHO rf46 along with an assortment of Clevelands Pittsburgh, Youngstown etc.Nothing new,

Nice grabs steelzone!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Wow, that's way far north, nice capture.

Nothing exciting this am yet, both CHCJ and CKVP seem to have lost programming, signals come in fine but nothing there, same for others?

9:55am Hepburns maps were a bit off in time but not intensity, Pittsburgh is just booming, got WINP rf38 for a brief second, KDKA rf25, WPNT rf42. WTAE rf51, WPXI, rf48, WPCW rf11, WJAC rf34, WFMJ rf20, all solid, min 60-100%ss, lots more trying to come in.

10:40 WNPB rf33 West Virginia, also got a brief blast of WPCB rf 50 Greenberg, knocked out WQLN.

11:00 WWCP rf8 (I think it might be new, I know I got it as a sub on rf24 WATM)

11:10 WVTT rf34

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi its Spitsfan sorry for new name........

745-10 am

Hot morn down here in the south.....WILX rf10 Lansing and off the back end was getting WEWS&WKYC Clev.

Switched from my HBU44 to the 4 bay clone....WDLI,WBGU,WNWO,21Alive Ft Wayne but no WANE

2 new ones for me WHIZ rf40 Zainesville Ohio and WRGT rf30 Dayton

both antennas up 20ft or less no amp or rotor.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Nice catches SpitsFan, several I've never grabbed.

Good night so far, Cleveland is strong, Pittsburgh was good earlier and am now getting some far ones, WSYX rf48 Columbus and WCPO rf22, nothing new YET.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thx Frank.........

last night had a few about 10pm........WKBW only 2nd time for me for that one from Buff, WJET, CHCH,WEWS

2 newbies last night for me WQHS...difficult down here bc of 24/7 WHTV Lansing/Jackson on rf34 & WUAB Clev. also bc of 24/7 WCMZ rf28 Flint.

This morn. not too much WEYI rf30 Saginaw and WLNS rf36 Lansing.

·
Registered
619 Posts
You're right Spitsfan, already getting most of Cleveland, some Pittsburgh and Youngstown. I believe Hepburn's map is not correct because these signals are all hovering in the 80% range and up.

8:00am Good distance both directions this am, farthest east, CKWS rf11 or WSTM rf24 Syracuse, south WETM rf18, WSKA rf30 Binghampton, farthest west WBNS rf21, WSYX rf48 Columbus.

A weird thing I've noticed each time I get WVTT is they have program ID for the last program they broadcast , not the current one.

9:15am WKTV rf39, WUTR rf30

·
Registered
135 Posts
Some nice catches there Frank, but after I posted about the early WEWS last night, it all fizzled down here for me.Nada....

This morn my way also quiet only one burst of WEYI Sag.

I agree about what you said about the hepburn maps.Best thing is just to give it a scan and see what comes up kinda like the slots..lol.

·
Registered
135 Posts
last night alot of mid michigan, WILX,WWMT,WNEM,WEYI,WSYM

this morn............WKBW,WJET,WRLM,WGRZ only mapped,...........new one WFXP rf22 ERie.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Good reception toninght, getting most of Cleveland, some Pittsburgh, all of Erie and earlier was getting CHEX and CIII Peterborough.

WQDI that low power Cleveland is booming at 70%SS, they now have 3 stations showing, 20-1 Estrella TV, 20-4 a sports network and 20-6 QVC

9:15am, Getting some rarely seen ones on a ricochet, Rf29 Global Oil Springs, rf48 Omni London. Cleveland is booming, the only ones I haven't gotten is WOIO and WUAB. I suspect you guys with a Michigan view can grab some stuff from the Eastern shore of Lake Michigan.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I had rg11 but over time with my sliding glass door pinching the cable I noticed there was a drop in signal this spring. Didn't bother to buy a new one as I have a lot of rg6 kicking around, when I installed the new RG6 there was a marked improvement. I don't think given my 10-12' run of cable there'd be much noticeable difference, less than 1/10 of a dB, if it was a long run for sure it'd make a difference.

I did finish building an FF6 but it's too big, even with a trimmed top and bottom screen the lower tines are below my rail level so it's performance wasn't as good as the FF4 which has everything clear of the railing. The other issue with the FF6 Is because it sits behind the metal on the railing it needs to be placed farther back, which means it wouldn't have a view of Cleveland or much past Toronto. I tried hanging it out my window against the wall but the results were not as good as the FF4. I suspect it needs the whole height of 60" of reflector to work properly.

Surprised WFXP was a new one for you, it's a 24/7 for me, but it's pattern is aimed more my way.

1:55am New Channel WWNY/WYNF rf7

·
Registered
744 Posts
It's so hot out even the tropo is like, "I'm too hot and tired to bounce signals. Okay if I keep 'em in their own cities?"

·
Registered
135 Posts
Last night and this morn some pretty good stuff, but in and out quick some..........

WGRZ,WKBW,WFXP,WJET,WEWS,WKYC,WJW,CHCH51,CFPL........new one this morn rf12 WICU Erie.

had 3 ABC networks in a row last night at one point.... WEWS,WKBW and my local WXYZ, cool stuff for tvdxers.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Tropo heating up from southern New York, WSKA, WYDC, WETM rf18, WSTM rf24 and a WBRE rf11 Scranton. Lots of blank Toronto's and other numbers trying to come in.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Picking up some stuff right now: WWNY7, WHEC10, CKWS11, CHEX12, WXXI16, WWTI21, WSTM24, WUHF28, TCT42, WROC45. First time picking up TCT this year. Had sniffs of WYDC48 this summer (nothing right now though) but still have never locked it.

101 - 120 of 1358 Posts