Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 80 of 1285 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I can't compete with all you DXers with huge antenna set ups but this morning I scanned in 61 channels on my lowly 4221 aimed at Grand Island.
The best I ever did was 50.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Not all of us have huge antennas. Mine is only 48" h x 33"w x 11" d. Location and height are the keys with DX'ing, your 61 scanned channels is a pretty solid indicator that the CM4221 is a top performer among 4 bays.

Picking up lots of Cleveland, all of Erie including WLEP which is now a Jimmy Swaggart affiliate known as SonLife Broadcasting, Should Be SOL broadcasting because if you pay a $1000 for one of his autographed bibles you're SOL. Also getting the usual Buffalo's WNYO, WPXJ, WBBZ, WDTB .

·
Registered
597 Posts
Very strong tropo in every direction. Picking up lots of Cleveland including WEKA rf27 and a brief whiff of WDQI rf21, some Pittsburgh, all Erie, all Buffalo except WBXZ, some Rochester.

Looks like it'll get better until noon.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Steelzone here, had to register a new account as I am locked out of the old one. Scanned a new channel at 1:30 AM WSYM RF 38 VC 47 from Lansing.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Nice grab steelzone, nothing new here yet but lots of possibilities with many Toronto's absent while looking at Pittsburgh/Cleveland. Looks like a great morning, lots of Tropo south east and west.

Looking at Hepburns map for tomorrow shows the most extreme tropo I've ever seen for south western Ontario, should be a blast!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just found a new station from Lima Ohio WLIO RF 8 VC 8. Getting several channels from Fort Wayne, Indianapolis and Muncie Indiana right now. Those ones are WANE, WPTA, WFWA, WFFT, WIPB, WRTV, WNDY and WXIN.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The action is getting even more intense now. Just picked up two new stations WINM from Angola RF 12 VC 12 and WCLJ from Bloomington RF 42 VC 42. Also picked up for the second time at 470 miles WUSI from Olney Illinois. Updated at 4am to announce another new channel WKEF from Dayton RF 18 VC 22 and WDTN RF 50 VC 2.

·
Registered
597 Posts
You'll top 500 miles today, mark my words! Pretty intense here as well, although nothing new, YET!

I might suggest you use the EDIT feature, it makes the thread a little shorter.

Hope ya score a boatload of new ones steelzone!

4:30am New channel, WKEF rf 18 vc 22-1-4 Dayton Ohio

443am New Channel rf 12 WMFD VC 68-1-2

·
Registered
753 Posts
Nice catches you guys. Getting some stuff here the last half hour - WCMH14, WBNS21, WFXP22, WVPX23, WEKA27, WBNX30, WQHS34, WWHO46, WSYX48, plus some new ones:

RF16 16.1-5 WPTD Dayton, OH
RF24 21.1-3 WPTA Fort Wayne, IN
RF31 15.1-3 WANE Fort Wayne, IN

EDIT 6:06 - Picked up WUAB28 and a new one:

RF18 22.1-4 WKEF Dayton, OH

·
Registered
597 Posts
Nice going Orbot!

I sure wish I had a few more degrees look north, I know WANE and WPTA are possible as both those rf's are blank for me right now, along with rf17 and 28 Paris. Columbus is screaming, WWHO, WBNS, WSYX and WCMH are hovering around 80%ss.

Best of luck to all!

6:24am New Channel WDTN rf 50 Dayton

·
Registered
753 Posts
Nice stuff, there seems to be signals floating around on every RF. Picked up WDLI49, WEAO50, WDTB29 and WVTT34 I'm assuming, it didn't have a callsign but was showing GetTV with an old movie and stable signal, also a new one:

RF30 45.1-3 WRGT Dayton, OH

·
Registered
597 Posts
Thought you got WRGT last summer? Explains why WBNX is blank for me.

I've gotten all the Cleveland's you've gotten plus WRLM rf47, WVIZ rf38, WJW rf8 WGGN rf42. Just need and RF10 and 11 to hit for the cycle.

7:27am WKBN/WYFX pointed at Columbus.

At one point all Toronto Stations except CBC were blank for me, insane!

Does that religious guy Les Feltdick think standing in front of a blackboard makes him look smart?

7:36am WOSU rf38 vc 34-1-3 ss70%

·
Registered
753 Posts
Actually you're right, I checked my tropo excel file and WRGT is already in there, my bad. CFPL10 is out there this morning if you can grab it, there's an RF11 out there too but I haven't locked it.

EDIT 7:40 - Couple new ones:

RF38 34.1-3 WOSU Columbus, OH
RF8 8.1-2 WLIO Lima, OH

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'm getting "poor signal quality" on both those rf's and it's driving me crazy!

WEWS rf15 has popped up for a second, as soon as I adjusted the antenna, gone.

This is both fun and frustating, rf35,rf36, rf40, rf all have channels that are trying to break though and so far no luck.

P.S. Thanks, just scored WLIO!
8:17am WFMJ rf20 just zapped CBC
8:25am WUAB knocked off TVO, it lasted about 2 seconds, tried to get a pic, no luck, this is driving me nuts!
8:35am WVIZ rf 38 knocked out WOSU.

Looks like WYSX is having problems with the Antenna TV satellite signal, shows "no signal" on screen but it's 75% SS and fine on other stations.

9:10am WHEC rf 10

Just need 11!

·
Registered
753 Posts
No problem, yeah definitely the most tropo fun for me this year so far... have to work soon. Picked up a couple more CHWI16, WOIO24, WVIZ26 (plus CIII27 and CHEX12 earlier) and a new one:

RF24 51.1-5 WSFJ Newark, OH

EDIT 9:45 - Picking up Rochester now WHEC10, WXXI16, WUHF28, WROC45.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm 12 floors up southwest London, windows facing east and south. I have a Winegard indoor antenna on the east facing window and fairly regularly get WEWS and subs from Cleveland and have lately seen many Ohio stations come in from Alliance, Sandusky, Canton, Akron and Bowling Green.
The most shocking one was Cincinnati. We've been here a year and that's the first time we've ever had a signal from there. Sometimes Buffalo and Detroit pop in but Ohio seems to be the hot spot in my location. Got CBET in Windsor the other night along with several Michigan stations.
Erie gives us a couple on occasion.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm in Ottawa, and pointing SE towards upstate NY, but was picking up CBC affiliates from Montreal this morning.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Good reception from Pittsburgh this am, getting WPXI rf48, WTAE rf51, WPNTrf42, WPCW rf11 and something new on rf7, won't resolve. All of Erie booming and lots of Clevelands.

9:12am WKBN/WYFX rf41, WYTV rf36 Youngstown

P.S. Mystery, sounds like you've got a great location to grab tropo, Cincinnati is definitely a huge capture, some of us with very high gain antennas have only snagged that city a couple times during extreme tropospheric events. Keep us posted!

61 - 80 of 1285 Posts