Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1222 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dieing for some tvdx picked up between 7-8am, WJW Fox8 and WEWS Clev. for a little while,nice for a short fix.

I like the pickup of the VHF of this HBU44 up 20ft.

·
Registered
302 Posts
This morn. 7-8am Clev. WJW,WEWS and WKYC which is quite rare for me to get.

A question about the hepburns........ Tropo happens when the colour is over your region you live??? is that a correct statement in reading the map???

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yes, as long as the bubble of colour is over your area tropo should be good BUT Hepburn's maps are like weather prognostications and are subject to change which is why I also use Jon Harder's real time tropo maps, they show ham propagation that usually matches UHF/VHF propagation.

Currently I'm getting WGGN Sandusky and several Clevelands which the Harder map shows, but the Hepburn map didn't predict.

Harders real time maps are found here:

VHF Propagation Map

Tropo is fickle and I've found using BOTH of these tools have helped me max my channel count and enjoyment of this weird hobby.

Great Hockey game tonight, Go Caps!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Glad to have helped SpitsFan.

Getting some oddballs tonight, WLEP Erie, now begcasting religious stuff and WTAJ made a brief appearance.

Go Blues!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Good tropo to the west this am. Most of Cleveland including WEKA which now has 6 stations. I suspect those with a view of Detroit are getting a ton.

5:30am Swinging to the east WROC, WXXI, WBGT, WKTV, WUTR.
8:00am Syracuse, Utica, Rochester are booming, some rare ones, WTVH, WHEC, and a blank on City rf44 which would be WNYS and a blank TVO rf28 which would be WUHF.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Picking up some London right now CTS(14), TVO(18), CHCH(51), plus some Rochester and grabbed WDTB earlier.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Good reception both east and west. Rochester's WBGT, TCT42, WROC, WXXI, WHEC, CIII Peterborough and a breif hit on WKTV Utica, the usual Buffalo's, all of Erie and lots of Cleveland.

I imagine Steelzone is picking up a ton of Michigans as the Harder report shows lots of ducting that way.

8:30am Pittsburgh's WPXI, WTAE, Youngstown's WKBN/WYFX/Ion.

Erie was so strong for a while WLEP knocked out WNED while pointed at Buffalo, that's a first.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Not really picking up anything to exciting, just the usual tropo channels from Detroit, Flint, Lansing, Cleveland and Buffalo. The only rarely seen channels in the last 24 hours were a couple of Rochester channels which I get a few times a year.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Good reception this am. Lot's of Cleveland, all of Erie including WLEP and Youngstown is booming, WKBN/WYFX @100%, the rarely seen WYTV and WFMJ made brief appearances before being zapped by CBC and CITS.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Good morning for tropo, looking west most of Cleveland, WBNX, WVPX, WQHS, WGGN, WDLI, WNEO, WEAO. Youngstown's WKBN, Pittsburgh's WPNT (which added ASN on 22-2), KDKA, WPXI, WTAE, WPCW. Looking East, Uitca's WUTR/WPNY, WKTV, Rochester's WXXI, WROC, All Buffalo except WBXZ. and all Erie except WLEP.

7:05am WEKA rf 27 Cleveland

9:10am WNEP rf50 Scranton
9:50am WOLF rf 45 Scranton
10:25am WJAC rf34 Johnstown
11:16am Pittsburgh's back again, WPXI is counting down the 14 minutes until the Stanley Cup Parade which they are showing, kinda cool.
11:30am WATM/WWCP rf24, WKBS rf46 Altoona
12:40pm WTAJ rf32 Altoona

·
Registered
575 Posts
This is Frank, for some reason my password and previous account couldn't be recovered, no big deal.

Great tropo this am, New Channel, WQDI rf21, vc 20-1 and 20-6, I believe it's a repeater of WEKA, located in Canton Ohio, according to rabiitearsinfo it has an ERP of 0.25KW, that would make it by far the lowest power to km reception I've ever gotten.

Most of Cleveland's booming, all of Erie, some Pittsburgh and lots of Eastern New York, WSTM, WUTR, WKTV, WNYS.

41 - 60 of 1222 Posts