Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that Channel Master is offering a TIVO Edge as a replacement with more features, instead of their less expensive Stream+ OTA DVR (on sale 50% off) .
Two questions:
Is this a good replacement for my CM7000PAL?. It's starting to act up again.
Can I use it like the CM7000PAL without paying for a TIVO subscription?

Laurie in Ladner BC with a roof mounted DB8e

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Channel master site says neither Edge or plus supported in Canada

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Channel master site says neither Edge or plus supported in Canada
I guess I will stick with that spare DVR I bought a few years ago. A PHD VRX2.
If it is a capacitor on the CM7000PAL, like it was once before, I may be able to fix it (again).
Majortom was very helpful in teaching me how to identify a bad cap.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got confirmation from CM that TIVO does not interact with the Canadian TV guide sites.

"This product is not compatible with the Canadian guide, only US. Thank you for checking! "

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got confirmation from CM that TIVO does not interact with the Canadian TV guide sites.

"This product is not compatible with the Canadian guide, only US. Thank you for checking! "

Just want to confirm that the EDGE offer Canadian or US Setup. Since my two other Tivo (bolt and premiere) were setup with an US zip code (in Montreal area just set to Champlain), I did not try the canadian setup. But this new box is way faster than the other and work just jne in the Montreal area. I supposed the Canadian setup will remove access to Tivo+ and Pluto TV channels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts