Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,085 Posts
I agree that some "gimmicky" antenna clones are likely bad.

However, I've tested and compared 4-bay clones against the CM4221HD. There was no difference in performance. And the materials and construction techniques were identical. It wouldn't surprise me if both antenna were produced in the same factory.

The only difference was the price: The clone was bought for $25.

Channel Master in particular may have been a quality brand in the past. These days, their products are produced in China along with most clones.

·
Premium Member
5,085 Posts
Volfe

Ultra, I've moved your post to the clone thread. I've not heard of this brand. But based on the price, and the few pics that I could find of it, it seems like one of those bargain store clone brands that typically disappoint.

·
Premium Member
5,085 Posts
The price I gave you or the price you found on your own? I found this on Kijiji, see?
I've come across a few of these high gain antennas that are priced to disappoint, but from where does the disappointment come? Is the gain overstated? What's left after that? Material durability? Esthetic value?
Again, I have no experience with this brand. But from what I could see, it's being sold off "as is" on sites like Factory Direct for $29 as a "final clearance" item. They're basically giving them away and don't appear to be continuing to sell this brand. And you have no warranty.

WIth some other clone brands, we've seen poor design and construction and vastly exaggerated performance claims. One discount company even plagiarized this forum.

For myself, I'd rather spend a little more for a reputable brand such as Antennas Direct that has a life time warranty and excellent customer service. Who wants to climb a roof or tower to install an antenna that is likely to disappoint or fail in short order?

1 - 4 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.