Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
It is also available for Virgin Mobile and is available for the Curve 9300 for both.

With a little effort you can also install these versions on Telus and Rogers Blackberry 9700s and 9300s. I used the Virgin version to update a Telus Bold 9700 last night and it worked fine.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I've been rocking this version on my 9700 ever since Vodafone released it in Germany a few weeks ago. Its pretty good, with one only one bug thats particularly annoying (in message view, it will often open the next message down on a list instead of the one selected)

Overall OS6 features such as Webkit browser and universal search make Blackberry tolerable again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I find it a lot better looking and more efficient for many tasks. I don't tend to browse too often but pages I open via links seem to render much faster.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I notice that Bell has now pulled the OS6 for the 9700 :(

Back to flashing other carrier versions, I guess. Ironically, Telus is now offering an even newer version.

Given that Bell and Telus share a 3G network (or 4G if you believe their marketing BS...funny how they considered HSPA+ to be only 3G before they had it), there's no reason to assume it won't run well on Bell.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I was looking forward to updating my Bold 9700 as well, and wonder what is the reason for Bell pulling support for this new operating system?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone successfully installed this update yet? I have been contemplating doing so, but am hesitant for fear of wrecking my phone, since I have heard of some people having problems., including much shorter battery life once the update is installed. My phone is working fine now, with the current operating system, but I understand that the new operating system adds some features.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
No problems...beyond whats normal for RIM, anyways. OS6 is much better than the oS5 if thats what you are still running. The browser and universal search are vast improvements.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Thank you, 99semaj. I upgraded, and all appears to be working well. Although I haven't had much time to assess things fully, it does appear that my battery is draining slightly faster than it was under the older OS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts