Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 10 of 12 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new here. I’m not sure where to post. If I posted in the wrong place please excuse me.I have been browsing the forum for while now. I want to thanks everyone that contributes their time and knowledge to develop and research different kind of antenna. I finally finished build original SBGH6 with Narods. I got the design from here http://mysite.verizon.net/res11d41p/id2.html. Thank you so much for the design. It is not perfect, but I got a decent result. I used #6AWG for the element and 3/8 aluminum pipe for the reflectors and ½ pvc for the frame.

Here is my tv fool: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=8d17e7cb42e562
I have some problem on real channel 12 and 7. As soon as it get dark outside the signal is gone. Here are all the channel that I got so far: 23,49,32,7,29,30,38,39,12,44,33,19,43,41,45,34. All of the channel received about 50% signal except 23,49 about 90% to 100%. I’ m look for suggestion or improvement on this original SBGH6 with 2 narods. what should I do next build another one or modify this one.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, thank you both for the fast respond, I’m really appreciated. In respond to Nikiml I’m pointed at about 157 degree magnetic direction. I have question about your GH 10n3. I went to your website and look at your GH10n3, I can see all the measurement when I pointed to the elements or the reflectors, but what I don’t understand is, the 3 separate number at the end of each reflector for example on the GH10n3 top reflector with round end (-96.5,285.9,661.5). One other thing how do I figure out the space between the reflectors and the height between the reflectors and the elements (http://clients.teksavvy.com/~nickm/gh_n_uV/gh10n_6V9_14u65.html) sorry I’m real new to these.
Thanks 300ohm for your suggestion to experiment the high and the lower. I will try to do that when the weather permit. Right now I have it on the roof about 25 feet of the ground. I’m thinking about using the antenna for 3 TV. So then which mean that I have to have A and B switch for each TV. Then I have to switch between A or B depending on what I want to watch. Is that correct? Or can I combine 2 antennas to one cable?. Assuming that I just want to have 1 antenna to avoid running 2 cables from the roof, which one do you thing would be appropriate for my situation GH10n3 or DBgh6.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes I do have some aluminum tub left about 20", but I can always get some more from the hardware store they are about $.98 a foot. I see that your guy talk about retrofit SBgh6. I just wait to see if you guy come up with something before I start the new project. thank you both so much for helping.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HI Nikiml
I decided to build the GH10n3 as 300ohm suggested I need you help with the measurement from you site. What I did was I clicked and highlighted between the 2 point and I can see the distance on the top either say DX or DZ. For example the distance between the top reflector and the one under is 183.4 mm. Is this correct? I just want to make sure I got the right measurement before I get started. Thank you.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks Nikiml. this Gh10n3 that you show me is this what it call a Non-modular UHF/VHF-hi. they seem to be little smaller then you other Gh10n3. Are they better because they are higher gain?. I'm also interested in the retrofit original gh6. I want to start that project too when I finish with the Gh10n3. thank you.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nikiml forgot to ask you about the 3rd reflector from the top (Non-modular UHF/VHF-hi gh10n3) it doesn't seem like it has any gap in between. Are they straight reflector with no gap? or there is a gap i can't see because it is so small. thanks

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It was challenge to make GH10n3, but I finally finished. So far signal gain is improving from 50% t0 75% for most of the channel. There is no more drop out at night on channel 7, but channel 11 is still unwatchable at night. I haven’t have time to make any adjustment yet. I’m waiting for the weather to clear out. Thank you for all your helps Nikilm and 300ohm.
Here is the list of material:
½ pvc signal spin (It is a little soft, but manageable. I have made some adjust for the alignment of the spin)
3/8 aluminum pipe
6 gauge copper wire
Hot glue and screws
Flexi glass
I like to post some pics but not sure how

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks 300ohm, I raised the antenna up about 15" more and that is all I can do for now. At first the signal went up and down and stronger then before, channel 7 and 11. After few day signal went down to about 15% unwatchable. Channel 28 used to be there and now disappear. soon as I have time I will try the high experiment as you suggested. So far it seem to be unstable for those few channels.

1 - 10 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.