Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,250 Posts
Wow, thank you both for the fast respond, I’m really appreciated. In respond to Nikiml I’m pointed at about 157 degree magnetic direction. I have question about your GH 10n3. I went to your website and look at your GH10n3, I can see all the measurement when I pointed to the elements or the reflectors, but what I don’t understand is, the 3 separate number at the end of each reflector for example on the GH10n3 top reflector with round end (-96.5,285.9,661.5). One other thing how do I figure out the space between the reflectors and the height between the reflectors and the elements (http://clients.teksavvy.com/~nickm/gh_n_uV/gh10n_6V9_14u65.html) sorry I’m real new to these.
The three numbers are the x, y and z coordinates of the end point. You can figure out the height distance of two points by subtracting their z values, the depth distance by subtracting the x values and the left-right distance by subtracting the y values ( just look at the coordinate system in the middle for reference).

Alternatively you can select two elements ( line and line, point and point or point and line) by mouse click - they will turn pink and then you will see x,y,z, delta_x, delta_y and delta_z info at the top of the 3d window. Double click anywhere to clear the selection.

· Registered
1,250 Posts
Nikiml, maybe we ought to work on a n3/n6 retro-fit for the original SBGH/DBGH (with the slightly later added wider feedpoint of 89mm) since quite a few have been built.
That is probably a good idea - I pick the SBGH, which one do you pick? :D

Do you have ready parametrized models for those?

Actually I have a parametrized model for the SBGH. Just don't know the parameters values...

· Registered
1,250 Posts
HI Nikiml
I decided to build the GH10n3 as 300ohm suggested I need you help with the measurement from you site. What I did was I clicked and highlighted between the 2 point and I can see the distance on the top either say DX or DZ. For example the distance between the top reflector and the one under is 183.4 mm. Is this correct? I just want to make sure I got the right measurement before I get started. Thank you.
Yes, this is correct.
Just that ( I haven't paid enough attention I guess ) there is another gh10n3 which is probably better if you want to put the 3 narod reflector from the start.

PS. I plan to post some more on gh6 gen1 retrofitting later tonight.

· Registered
1,250 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.