Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I caved and ordered a Samsung Captivate on Feb 7th. By Feb 11th I had not received it. I live in Toronto & I know that the phone was shipped from somewhere in the GTA. I got the tracking info & it stated that it was out for delivery on Feb 9th.

On Feb14th, I called the Rogers track & trace department to initiate a trace. They said it would take 7-10 business days for UPS to investigate. Yesterday, I was fed up with waiting. Called UPS - they said a trace had not been initiated. Called Rogers, they said a trace was initiated on Feb 14th. I told Rogers to send me another phone. They declined. Only today, Feb 23rd, does the tracking info from UPS indicate that a trace has been started.

I don't want to wait until March 9th to have Rogers send out another phone.....perhaps to be lost by UPS again.

Is it just me? Or has anyone else been caught in this lost phone scenario?

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Mine wasn't lost but took forever to get to me. My phone was shipped by Purolator and not UPS so i guess none are perfect. They said they could not find my address, but it was clearly written on the box, just lazy I think.

noah12

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Can you cancel the order and goto a Rogers store?

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
In my experience, having a package lost or delayed by a courier is not that common. OTOH, most of my packages are shipped cross country, not within the same city. As Hugh said, maybe picking it up at a nearby store is a better option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
After submitting a complaint via the Rogers website, I got to speak with the Office of the President (OFTP). It was frustrating talking to Rogers. The frustrating part is that they said they would not send another phone until UPS finished investigating. Well guess what, they sent another phone while UPS was still investigating or did a shortened version of an investigation. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but 3 days after talking to someone from the OFTP I got another phone via UPS.

I would have gone to the Rogers store, but I had to switch to a new corporate plan that was started at work. Only then did I decide to upgrade my old Motorola SLVR.

Phone works...UPS didn't destroy it. I'm enjoying having internet access everywhere, all the time. The only thing that's a downside to the Samsung Captivate, listening to music on it......not so great. I've been adjusting the EQ & effects, but it just doesn't sound good. Anyone got any ideas about this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts