Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I've been having some issues with the video feed on my Xbox 360 that plays my Optik TV. Randomly, the feed (video and audio) will become extremely choppy and will sometimes freeze completely for several seconds at a time. This appears to be completely random and doesn't appear to happen in any type of pattern.
I've checked the same channels at the same time on my PVR which has no issues. I called Telus service with negative results. They had me reset everything including the xbox, pvr and modem. The also reset some things on their end which worked until the time I hung up with them.
The Modem is in a separate room and the Xbox is connected through the coax which is through the wall direct to where it is converted to Ethernet just prior to being connected to the xbox.
Does anyone know what my problem is? before I start buying new cabling or signal amplifiers for the coax.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same proplem with my optik xbox,it must be the xbox getting choppy and stuck.I just had telus come out and check and replace the little modem,but did not work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've called them several times now too. I have an appointment next week and I'm sure they'll do the same thing (replace the box). It seems to me that Telus has no idea what the problem is and i'm afraid i'm going to be stuck with it for a while.
Guess I'll hope for the best next week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so the appointment has come and gone. The tech changed all of the coax connectors and said that would fix it. A few days later and I'm watching the hockey game again with the same choppy problem.
Anything I can do? I'm getting tired of calling telus, waiting a week for an appointment and having nothing get fixed. I cannot be the only one having this problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im having sort of the same problem but a little worse...

I just had Telus Optik Installed yesterday, the tech replaced the new reciever he had just put in cause it started to pixelate, and freeze. he said it was the receiver, and he changed it. the second one worked fine for 2 hours then my Modem dropped connection to internet. I rebooted the modem and everything started to work for another 2 hours. then it started to pixelate again, but by that time i had to go to bed for work. Today i came home and found the Receiver completely turned off (no Lights) and i tried turning it on by pressing the button on the box, but no go. So I unplugged the box and re plugged it after 10 seconds and now i dont even get a guide or anything just a black screen. I called Telus Tech and they got me to factory reset the box and now it has been 1 hour and 20 mins so far and its not done resetting itself, its taking forever, but the rep said "factory reset works 95% of the time" and if id didnt work a tech has to come back here on the 13th or later. im going to break the contract if this doesnt work.. I only had this service for 1 day, and my Wife is sounding right about Telus so far.

I'll let you guys know what happens when the factory reset finishes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay now its been 2 hours and it is only done like 33%...... This better work...
I remember the Tech telling me it will take up to 30mins.. dead wrong already..

I'll message when its done...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well its been 5 hours and now it has a red "X" on the screen... this Sucks.. Im going to call them Later. This service hasnt even ran Properly in 24 hours after the install..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts