Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here using optic on fiber in spruce grove or edmonton? Just wondoring what the quality is like, my new home is almost built, and they wired the neighborhood for fiber. I have an install date in feb with 15mb service and full HD package on 1 TV.

·
Super Moderator
16,865 Posts
The video is encoded at the head-end and should be the same quality whether it's delivered over FTTH or FTTN.

With FTTH you should be able to receive 3HD/1SD streams without any impact on your internet speed. Even though you only have 1 TV you should be able to record up to 4 channels at once.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome thanks for the info

Im a long time belll/telus satelitte customer, so hopefully the picture quality is as good as satelitte.

·
Registered
20 Posts
awesome thanks for the info

Im a long time belll/telus satelitte customer, so hopefully the picture quality is as good as satelitte.
I have Optik now and I had Telus (Bell) Satellite TV before so I had a month of over lap where I could compare the same channels on the same tv from both.

What I noticed when comparing back-to-back is that the MPEG-2 Sat picture looked "sharper" like it had gone through a sharpening filter in photoshop. I played around for about 15 minutes and everyone in the house preferred the optik.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts