Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very tempted to take the plunge with Optik and drop Shaw. Before I do I hope someone who is using Optik can help with the following questions:

1. How far ahead in days/weeks does the program guide cover?
2. Are there any analog channels or unencrypted digital channels or does the Telus box have to be on to view any live TV broadcast channels?
3. If one is subscribed to Movie Central, is Movie Central On Demand available via the Telus Video On Demand system (it is available with Shaw VOD).
4. Is it possible to add/remove theme packs and/or individual channels for short durations (e.g. one month) or are they fixed? Is this the same if one has a no fixed term contract or a fixed term contract?

Much appreciate any help.

·
Registered
598 Posts
1. At least 10 days

2. Telus TV is IPTV, not everything pushed down the pipe like Shaw. So yes, you need a box (the programming is requested by your STB and then streamed, it isn't being constantly fed like cable).

4. You can add and delete theme packs for the short term. I added a few theme packs for my tenants for 2 months, then dropped it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3. I didn't see any MC on demand, it's about the one thing I miss from shaw.
I'm very close to biting the bullet and moving over to Optik. I really hope that they add MC on Demand as this is a fantastic feature to have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts