Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I had to share this here :). I'm a new Optik user and am blown away by how great it is ... that said, I have not stopped chuckling about Shaw's attempt to get me back - with my small refund I got in the mail yesterday, they also offered me a special voucher knocking $20 off my installation fee if I choose to go back to Shaw! If this is all they've got, it's going to be interesting to see how the next few months work out for them. I'm not sure if their marketing types are just not with it or if they've just chosen to roll over on this one. Too funny...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just called Shaw retentions today and told them I was leaving for Telus (that is until I fully realized the implications of my profile only being 1HD/2SD!!)...they dropped my monthly bill by $40 and added HBO/Movie Central and High Speed Extreme free for the next 12 months....not sure if it's worth it or not.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That might have been enough to keep me, but now that I've seen it, it would take a lot more than that to get me back. In all fairness to Shaw though, I really don't know what they could offer me now for me to consider them, barring a total overhaul of their service/ system.

·
Registered
20 Posts
@zapperman

Telus Optik Tv is *that* good, eh? I'm still on the fence...and the only thing stopping me from switching is the current 1HD/2SD profile for my house!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, for me it is - the PVR anywhere and remote recording really work for my situation. The other small things (slick guide, fast channel changing) and more customizable channel line-up are the icing, not to mention the very nice $150 HD boxes. That and the bump in my internet speed from 3 Mbps to an average of 12-14 (depending on my TV watching), although I realize I was on an old (and more expensive) internet bundle. I have the 2 HD feed scenario, but I only have 1 HDTV, so probably would have switched anyway. If you need 2, yeah, it would be a tough call. Me< I'm actually saving approx $45/ month from what I used to pay, if you can believe it, but I only went with 2 theme packs and one HD pack.

I also talked my way with Loyalty into the free laptop as well, but now I see that promotion has ended...

But bear in mind I've only been on for a week - who knows what may happen if TOO many people subscribe - I'd hardly say the system won't have glitches or downtime, but I'm happy to risk it, especially considering my OTA back-up :).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts