Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I am not very impressed by this service. I have not been able to watch any HD channel while recording an HD show as the show will just stall. It doesnt matter which channel i tried to watch it just stalled. SD was ok. I am on the profile where I should get 2HD/1SD feed. I know that it works as I was able to record 2 HD shows while I was watching an SD channel. I just can't watch a live HD show while recording an HD show.

The first recording I tried didnt work. The show recorded but I couldnt get the show to load. Just a black screen. Tech said it had something to do with the system making updates.

I find the picture somewhat dull compared to Shaw picture. I tried the settings on the TV but I couldnt get the picture right. Has anyone else had an issue with the washed out picture? My wife had more of an issue with the picture than I did.

Can anyone give me any insight if I cancel the service will Telus put the cables back to the original set up or will I have to call Shaw and have them come and redo the wiring?

I must say the installation was excellent. The installer was very knowledgable and took his time to update the ends on all coax cables and did a great job in organizing all the cat5 coax cables.

I hope this can get resolved as I was really looking forward to trying the guide and all its features. After day one it isnt looking good.

·
Registered
176 Posts
For color / sharpness adjustments, I used the Discovery Channel HD as my reference.

If your tech left his card, give him a call. He may be able to solve the 2 simultaneous HD problem.

·
Super Moderator
16,883 Posts
@aj55, the problem you are having with watching one HD show while recording another HD is definitely not normal. You should either call the installer or Telus to fix it.

If you cancel Telus they don't change your cabling back.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Some people only qualify for 1 High Definition stream and 2 Standard Definition streams, others qualify for 2HD and 1SD. The lucky ones qualify for 3HD and 1SD.

If aj55 only qualifies for 1HD and 2SD there's nothing that can be done.

·
Registered
340 Posts
When I switched from Shaw to TELUS I noticed the picture was very soft compared to Shaw, and yes adjusting TV settings was the solution. I'm very happy with the picture quality.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE on INSTALLATION

I called Tech Support and there was a problem with my profile on their end. Everything is working great. I am still playing with the picture settings on my TV as i havent been able to get the colours right. I have found my internet speeds to be the same as show and maybe a little better. Now I just need to get the XBox to connect wirelessly to my PC so I can stream videos and look at pictures but that is for another thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts