Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
oh, you wanted to watch games online on Gamecenter. From the way I read what you said. It sounded like you wanted to stream games from NHL Center Ice so other people can watch the games too.

My mistake.

You need to contact your Cable/Satellite provider to give you the Gamecenter code to watch the games online.

Note, that Gamecenter does not show games within your region or National games.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, you wanted to watch games online on Gamecenter. From the way I read what you said. It sounded like you wanted to stream games from NHL Center Ice so other people can watch the games too.

My mistake.

You need to contact your Cable/Satellite provider to give you the Gamecenter code to watch the gamea online.

great thx

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

My mistake.

You need to contact your Cable/Satellite provider to give you the Gamecenter code to watch the games online.

Ok, why would a game in pittsburgh be blacked out on Game Center Live if I'm in Ottawa ? If the game was in Ottawa I could understand. They can't penalize me for not purchasing tickets to a game in Pitts if I live 500 miles away.

I just logged in to Game Center Live, when I click on the Pens/Sens game it says blacked out. What a stupid idea for the NHL so broadcast games in the afternoon. Great for people in live in the US today, not so much for Canadians.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
It is not where the games are but who broadcasts the games. If Sportsnet East, TSN or CBC broadcast the games, the games would be blacked out on Center Ice and Game Center.

The game is on Sportsnet East so you will have to watch it there. CI and GC are for out of market games.

On Shaw, the game is not on any channels for me.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is not where the games are but who broadcasts the games. If Sportsnet East, TSN or CBC broadcast the games, the games would be blacked out on Center Ice and Game Center.

The game is on Sportsnet East so you will have to watch it there. CI and GC are for out of market games.

On Shaw, the game is not on any channels for me.
Understood, problem is I'm in Canada, not a holiday here so I'm not at home to watch the game. I do however sit a desk with a open lan connection and a 23' display.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Thunder Bay isn't part of the Senators region, is it? Even the 1-hour versions of Flames and Oilers games that were aired late night in past seasons (I don't think they are this year) have always been blacked out outside of ALTA/SASK/MB.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
According to the NHL it is.

I emailed the NHL and hopefully they will answer.

As all Sportsnet East games are blacked out on CI and GC. Our Sporsnet One Hockey channel is the Sens one even though our Sportsnet channel is the Ontario one.

I had to use one of the sites I linked to above to watch the game.

·
Registered
399 Posts
NB Josh posted
Thunder Bay isn't part of the Senators region, is it? Even the 1-hour versions of Flames and Oilers games that were aired late night in past seasons (I don't think they are this year) have always been blacked out outside of ALTA/SASK/MB.
DSgamby posted
According to the NHL it is.
Thunder Bay and all of Northwestern Ontario is a shared Leafs and Senators zone if the subscriber is a digital and\or satellite customer. This is explained in the Sportsnet website with an accompanying map.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts