Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this problem?

I have the newest Optik router. the one with the Wireless, ADSL and switch.

Whenever I play some online games that need to ping a whole bunch of servers the router will crash and all TV and Internet will die until I power cycle it.

This happens when the game will ping all the servers in the server list. The router will log an error message about NAT Error, No memory available. And then will crash hard.

I have phoned Telus tech support and they have every excuse in the book. One guy told me it was my computer crashing and not the router. Another guy told me (for real) to reinstall Windows. This is not a PC issue, it is a bug in the router FW that is not handling multiple outgoing connections properly.

Has anyone else had this issue, or found a solution for it? The wife is getting PO'd that every time I try and play Counterstrike, her TV stops working.

Thank you

--
J

·
Registered
106 Posts
I know for some of the Dlink issues, an external wireless router is the best solution. I can't say for sure this is one of those situations since I'm not a tech expert, but it sounds like the Dlink has too much to handle with the current set up in your home.

It's worth a shot, especially if you have one kicking around from before your telus instal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts