Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bonjour
I just buy an HDTV (Sony Bravia 32 ex 500) ,an Bluray reader (sony s570) and a receiver (Onkyo TX SR 508)

My connections :
Bluray reader --HDMI cable--- av onkyo
av onkyo TV out Hdmi ---- Sony Bravia Hdmi TV in
Sony Bravia optic audio cable out to-----Av Onkyo Optic audio

I still use my old speakers (two for stereo) and rabbit antenn for TV channels

Using blueray reader ,everything good video on Tv and audio on my speakers

First problem
I set my Tv audio to System audio and nothing arrive to my speakers and i can only have sound on my TV speakers

Second problem
Impossible to open my av without open my TV
If everthing are close i cannot press open button on my Av i must open TV and Receiver Is it normal?

Third problem
I have another pair of speakers in another rooms connect on up fronty in Onkyo Before with my old yamaha system i have two buttons ;A and b for select these speakers .Where are the equivalant bouttons on Onkyo ? Is it zone 2 ? when i press thes zone 2 button in front of Onkyo ,nothing happens no audio on my seconds speakers in other room

Some suggestions for these
Thanks

I have go to sellers and in this christmass time no one can answer to me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I finally get a solution for my first problem
I reset to plant defaut my remote controls
And now i have audio of my TV on my stereo speakers via optic audio cable connected to Onkyo receiver
I will be happy if someone give me a tip for using a music cd read by my BlueRay reader after i have open my Onkyo receiver without open my TV

·
Registered
620 Posts
Sometimes when I power my SR 508, I have to push the remotes receiver button before the power button will work. I always open the receiver before I open my TV otherwise I don't know why yours works differently.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cannot open the receiver (with the button on the receiver or with the Onkyo remote control )without open the Sony TV but when my Tv is open i can close the receiver
When i open the sony tv with sony remote control my receiver open :when i close my Tv the receiver and the Sony Tv close
I have resetted the two remote controls :same situation
I don't know by which parameter my Sony TV control my receiver or by which parameter on my receiver it is slave of my Tv
I read the manuel and didn't not find what to change
Some tip will be welcome

1 - 4 of 4 Posts