Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the week an Onkyo HT-S3300 system. I think it's an amazing system. Last night I had some friends over and we plugged in an ipod into the front Auxiliary port to listen to some music. My friend noticed that we had to crank the volume upto 50 to get a good sound. Keep in mind we are about 18 people in first floor of my house. Room is about a 14 feet by 30 feet long. This sound system volume range starts from 0 and I think the max is 80, I've never actually tried to fully crank it and i am not planning to. My question is this the normal volume level or is it really high and maybe something is wrong with the amp?

Thank you for any help.

T.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Around the same, what I tried this weekend was turning up the speaker levels to +12db on all speakers, except subwoofer. It improved greatly the sound volume and now I keep it around 15-20. Do think that's ok to do?

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Marc,

Thank you for your help. I am actually thinking about getting a sound level meter, I just have to find one somewhere. What do you use to test the sound, a specific CD or DVD or just use the test tone? And what volume level do you set the receiver to?

Transmico.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you both for your help. I really appreciate it, if I do decide to get a meter, what volume would be a good reference?

I love the unit and for the price it couldn't be beat. Maybe as I get to know this stuff better I will upgrade in a few years.

T.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.